Chapter XXI - Life Is A Balance Between Holding On And Letting Go

okay so uh, here's the thing. as the executive, i must constitute an executive order

im discontinuing this fic

nah im jokin but what i am gonna do is skip the special exam. it just sucks tbh and i lost motivation to even continue it but, at the very least, i will explain what was supposed to happen back on the island in this chapter so u get a good idea of it all. in the end, it was a good idea but poor execution. sowwy.

this isnt the last mind game tho, there will be more down the line but i cant do it man

-

CLASS POINT TOTAL

Class-A = 890 + 60 = 950

Class-B = 670 + 120 = 790

Class-C = 369 + 20 = 389

Class-D = 217 + 200 = 417

-

The island exam is finally over and it ended with Class-D's victory. Standing on top of the deck, I looked out at the pool area where everyone in my class was celebrating. Ever since then, no one in the other classes even dared to bother us. Though that doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't anyone from other classes at the public pool either, there was other students but they all stood by and glanced back at our class occasionally every now and then. Unbothered by it, Class-D simply enjoyed their time.

Back on the island, a surplus of things happened. First and foremost, Kushida ended up being a turncoat and teamed up with Class-C temporarily, though I didn't rat her out, Kushida most definitely is wary of me though. Furthermore, there was the fact that Ichinose had to drop out of the special exam and ended up taking her place as the leader and started to claim the outposts to gain more event points. But anyways, none of that should matter now, in the end, Class-D won with an astonishing two-hundred points, making us the new Class-C.

"Hey, Ayanokouji-kun, I've been looking for you," a voice called out to me.

This voice belonged to none other than Ichinose Honami, back on the island, they had suffered an injury that had caused her to blackout, which in turn, caused their watch to blink and medical services to locate her. This had forced Ichinose to drop out and me taking her place. It wasn't the most favorable situation but it was convenient for me to take advantage of one of the rules.

"Ichinose," I said, "Are you feeling any better now?"

"Haha, yeah, I think I need to apologize for not being a good enough leader," she replied.

Though it may be true that Ichinose isn't the most fit to be a leader, there's no denying the fact that she, as they are, are to underdeveloped to be one. After all, she didn't think far enough to understand the type of person Ryuuen is, to have to resort to absurd tactics in events, backing her into a corner. That of which is one of the few reasons we've had a streak of losing in events in the second week.

"Ah, there's no need. Our class did fine in the end, didn't we?"

"I guess so.. but.."

"But?"

"There's still something I'm not satisfied with. That thing is you, Ayanokouji-kun," she said with a stern look on her face.

"Not satisfied with me?"

Whether Ichinose understood the plans I had in motion during the special exam or not were inconsequential. I figured that this topic would come up sooner or later so there's no point in hiding from her. But either way, I'd like to see how she'd respond if I played dumb.

"Yes, at the end of the exam, Class-D won, but that shouldn't be possible. So you must have done something, Ayanokouji-kun, I'm positive of it," stated Ichinose.