Chapter VII - Love Is The Art Of Blending Two Souls Into One Harmonious Melody

It was the day after the exams ended. Yesterday when we finished, everyone all had relieved looks on their faces as if we just dodged a major bullet. I'm glad they all looked happy but we only finished the exam, we never got the results yet. Not until today anyways.

When I got inside the classroom, I was greeted by my friends and classmates. More notably Matsushita-san, Karuizawa-san, and Kushida-san, who is still a mystery in my eyes much like a certain boy. After doing so, I sat down at my seat and looked behind me to be greeted with Ayanokouji-kun, that boy in specific, starring aimlessly outside the window. After the events that occurred yesterday, I'm sure I need to reevaluate my opinion of him ever since that plan he had put together. In all likely hood, he possess a high degree of critical thinking skills.

Any who, that's not what's important right now. I turned back to face the front of the classroom and my eyes locked onto Chabashira-sensei as she entered the room. I took a closer look at her and in her hand, she was holding a large rolled up piece of paper. I knew what it was and I'm sure everyone did as well. At this moment, we were all anxious.

"Good morning, class. I can tell you already have a good idea of what I have here. I wont delay any longer and show you all how you did during this month's exam," greeted Chabashira-sensei.

As she said that, she unrolled the piece of paper and held it up on the board using four small magnets. Now that it was shown for everyone to be seen, I scanned for my name first and foremost.

Horikita Suzune - 496 points

Ichinose Honami - 490 points

Kouenji Rokusuke - 469 points

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka - 420 points

Hirata Yousuke - 419 points

Kushida Kikyou - 411 points

.. and so on

(A/N: five subjects, worth a hundred each, or that's how im doing it anyways. i think it was different in the LN bc it showed individual subject scores instead of total scores idk)

Not too bad if I say so myself. Even if I didn't make it to first place, I did decently well despite the pressure I had on me over the month. What is surprising to me though is that Ayanokouji-kun had made it to 4th place just before Kouenji-kun. Well, I know he put together everything about the plan including the notes and all, I just didn't expect him to score that high though.

Never mind that for now, as I continue looking through the list I didn't find a single name that was below the threshold. We all passed without much issue.

Soon after the realization had hit everyone, a handful of students got up from their seats feeling overjoyed and cheered. I too was glad but there was something that still bothered me. It's true what Ayanokouji-kun had said that the plan was only a short term solution. I went down the list again and found that Sudou-kun was one point away from getting expelled with Ike-kun and Yamauchi-kun following in after him.

I just hope that this discovery will have them more focused on studying more often than not. But right now, the fact is that we all passed and I'm not going to take that away from anyone by telling them to study again for the next exam. That can all wait in due time.

Fast forwarding towards the end of class, more thoughts ran in my mind. First of all, now that the exams have ended, what should I do about the Student Council situation? Furthermore, what can I do about Ryuuen-kun too? Then there's also Ayanokouji-kun too, who is baffling to me.

While I was in deep thought, Ayanokouji-kun approached me from behind.

"Ichinose, go out with me," he said.