SS - The Enigmatic Encounter: Ichinose Honami's Curiosity Awakens

I don't particularly think of myself as a good person, I've never claimed to be. I don't seem to be all that bad either. Everyday I live out my life with people constantly telling me how much of a delight I am to be around. Of course, that makes me smile. Call me naïve but I believe that deep within everyone, no matter who you may be, there is some sense of good inside of you.

That was until I met a certain brown-haired boy at a new high school I recently enrolled in.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-kun, when I first laid my eyes on him outside of Class-1-D, I couldn't wrap my head around what sort of person he his. You see, it might sound insane, but I have this special talent for figuring out what type of person someone is by just looking at them. Yeah, yeah, I know that's impossible. Often times, though rarely, my impression of people is wrong, but this time it's different. Every time I look at Ayanokouji-kun, I can't ever tell what he's thinking about.

His calm look on his face makes it impossible for me to read. I'm sure plenty of people might call him gloomy or a loner because from the way he's been in class, he's unapproachable. I don't think that way about him though, he exudes a rather mature feeling? Yeah, he has this aura around him that feels like he's a upperclassman.

But you know, my point is that he's someone who's a complete enigma. Whenever I look at him he's peering outside the window, how lonely it must be. I don't want to badmouth him but I think he should at least make a effort to talk to his classmates. I mean, Ayanokouji-kun tried to talk to the girl next to him at the start of school, but from the way things look, she shut him down. I could say that might've made him nervous to talk to anyone else but then again, he doesn't exactly show it on his face so it's hard to tell.

I made a few theories as to why Ayanokouji-kun might be so distant. My first theory is that there could've been some issues he's having with his personal life, maybe that's why he chose to go to this school, to get away from it all. Or maybe he had a bad breakup back in middle school and doesn't want to talk to anyone anymore? Or perhaps, it might sound a little crazy, but maybe he was raised in harsh conditions in some secret facility, making it hard for him to communicate? That might've been cool but it's highly unlikely.

Sometimes I get the feeling that he's been carefully observing the class as a whole too. It doesn't look like he's been paying attention to Chabashira-sensei's lectures but staring idly at the board. Now that I think about it again, he could be just lazy to do anything at all.

You see? This is what I mean, Ayanokouji-kun has this puzzling demeanor to him. He's someone I just can't seem to understand. For some reason, I'm kind of annoyed by it. I want Ayanokouji-kun to change for the better but it can't happen if he doesn't make his moves first. I think that maybe, I might be able to get him to do something in the future.

It's strange, why am I even so invested in him? We're still strangers, we don't even know much about each other aside from our names. 

In any event, it's a shame, really. I just hope that Ayanokouji-kun changes his attitude towards everything as a whole and step up. I would really like to get to know him better. Who knows? There's a chance we'll have a lot more in common than I thought. Maybe I should invite him out to hang with me and a few friends after school. Actually, yeah. I'll do just that.

I'll ask Ayanokouji-kun to hang out with us.

-

i struggle a lot trying to replicate other character's personalities but i got as close as i could so enjoy