Chapter XX - Ambition Is The First Step Towards Turning A Dream Into Reality

It has been three days since the special exam started. Our class, Class-D, has been working diligently on various tasks and throughout those three days, we've had rotations between different groups who would be participating in events. On our first day, we did relatively well scoring forty event points, making it to first place. On our second day, however, Class-D was fourth place and lost thirty event points. As of the third day, we recouped twenty after making it to second place. What of the fourth? That will be decided soon enough. I rejoined the participating groups on fourth day to not just score more event points but rather, there has been an interesting change of events within one student in Class-D over the past three or so days.

EVENT

Foot race. All participating groups will run to each marker highlighted and run back. All members of one group must cross the finish line as a whole to count as a win.

REWARDS

First Place, 35 Points

Second Place, 20 Points

Third Place, -10 Points

Fourth Place, -20 Points

After carefully examining the rules, I looked towards Ichinose who also rejoined the representative group for some other worldly reason.

"Are you going to be fine in this?"

"H-Huh?"

On the second day, only me and Ichinose remained in the participation roster whilst Kushida, Sudou, Matsushita, and Hirata swapped out. On that day, one of the events we had participated in was an aerobic capacity test and though Ichinose herself isn't slow by any means, she isn't necessarily fast either. That of which is one of the reasons we failed that event.

"Oh, y-yes. I'll be fine." she stuttered.

In any case, the race started and the students of Class-C ran ahead of the crowd, passing all three classes and leaving us in the dust.

Looking at them again, there was three people who stood out to me out of the five, those three being Ishizaki Komiya, and Ibuki who were all quite adept at physical sports. Observing them a little closer, Ishizaki is maybe a four compared to Ibuki who's around a six while Komiya is a three compared to Ishizaki in terms of speed. That means an appropriate speed I should go at is a seven if I compare both the average speed I'm going at and Ibuki's speed, who of which has taken the lead ahead of everyone else.

Speeding up a little bit more, I made it passed both Ishizaki and Komiya and was tied with Ibuki. When she realized that I was right next to her, she tried quickening her own pace but I surpassed her in the end and made it to the other side of the starting point and ran back at a slower rate.

In short, I made it from the checkpoint and back before everyone else.

"Ugh, what the hell!" Ibuki shouted.

Though she was frustrated that I beat her solo, that doesn't necessarily our class has won in the end, the rules stipulate that all students in one group must make it to the finish line or no one wins. By the time the race was over, it was a close match for second place between Class-B and Class-D but in the end..

RESULTS

First Place - Class-C

Second Place - Class-D

Third Place - Class-B

Fourth Place - Class-A

Class-D had won second place. Among the Class-B students was someone that I didn't know all that well, Shibata Sou. I've only heard about him through Hirata bringing up the soccer team and though Shibata was the fastest out of the group he's participating with, the rest of the Class-B team couldn't match him. At the very least, they beat Class-A who had no one notable on their team.