Chapter XXIV - I Could Make You Care

Slowly opening my eyes, I found myself in my soft bed. I was greeted by a ray of dawn that seeped into my room from the curtains and once my vision cleared, I took in the familiar surroundings of my room inside the student dormitories with the morning light, casting it's glow across the entire space.

I stretched my arms over my head as I thought back to yesterday. It was especially tough for me since I wasn't able to attend school due to my illness. I spent two entire school days inside my dorm room, feeling both weak and helpless. Then there was also the weird dream I had last night. Although I don't remember that dream clearly as my memory is still a little fuzzy, I remember Ayanokouji-kun, and how he was right next to me in bed. Just rethinking that is enough to make my face turn red.

Sitting up from my bed, I swung my feet over the side and firmly placed both of them on the cold wooden floor. Glancing at my clock, I realized that I had roughly around an hour or so before school started so not to waste any time, I made my way towards my bathroom to get ready and once I got there..

I gently open the door.

Doing so was a mistake, I saw a scene that I knew I shouldn't have, but the second I saw it, it was ingrained in my head and my face heated up even more than before. A rush of embarrassment washed over me and I found it difficult to process the unexpected sight before me. My cheeks instantly flushed with a deep shade of crimson as my eyes widened in surprise.

The room surrounded with silence and the only thing I could hear was the sound of my own heartbeat.

Standing in front of the mirror was Ayanokouji-kun, he was.. well.. um.. he was naked! Wearing nothing, he stared at me with a towel around his nape, and knowing I shouldn't, I can't help but look at everything. His well-defined physique caught my attention and he was quite muscular too without having too much muscle. I witnessed it all. Not noticing, my gaze travelled downward and I felt my body temperature skyrocketing when I saw that..

"Ichinose, can you shut the door?" he deadpanned.

"Y-y-y-yes! I'm so sorry!" I shouted as loud as I can.

Struggling to get my words out, I shut the door as hard as I can and ran back to my bed, burying my face in my pillow. It wasn't until a few minutes had passed and Ayanokouji-kun came out the door, wearing the appropriate school attire. It was at this point that hundreds of thoughts came rushing in my mind. Like, what was Ayanokouji-kun doing in my room first and foremost, but apparently, thinking about these things didn't help the matter unfortunately as I found it hard to make eye contact with him.

"U-um, so, what are you d-doing here, A-Ayanokouji-kun?"

"You don't remember anything from yesterday?"

"N-no, my memory is still in a haze."

Being sick, I was delirious and probably acted out of character, so I couldn't remember anything that happened that day. It was, to say the least, unlucky for me.

"Then, to sum it up, I had to take care of you while you were sick," he said.

"I.. I see.. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble," I mumbled.

Then.. Then if what Ayanokouji-kun says is true.. then the dream the other day wasn't a dream..? The more I thought about it the more my face started to heat up again so I shaked my head left and right profusely and all Ayanokouji-kun did was stare at me confusingly.

"Uh, did I happen to do anything or say anything weird?"

"Do you want me to answer truthfully?"

"N-no, I mean, yes. Y-yes please."