Chapter IX - When Tyranny Becomes Law, Revolution Becomes Order

When class ended, many things were going through everyone's minds. I, for one, still don't understand the whole premise of the 'special exam' thing but I'm sure we will all make it through. No, we have to make it through. When Chabashira-sensei dismissed us, I went ahead and pulled out my phone to take a few pictures of the rule book we were given before she took them back and jotted small details that I remember in a small notebook.

After that was done and over with, I put my notebook in my bag and put my phone in my blazer pocket. Shortly after, I made my way towards the door, only to be stopped by new visitors that have came into our classroom.

Ryuuen-kun, Ishizaki-kun, and Yamada-kun entered through the door and caught everyone's undivided attention.

"Hey.. what the hell do you think you're doing here?!" Sudou-kun yelled.

"What? Am I not allowed to visit the classrooms of my fellow first years?" Ryuuen-kun replied.

I could already predict that this conversation could go south at any moment so of course, I had no choice but to intervene.

"Ah, hold on a minute," I said, stepping in, "Though there is no issue with you visiting us, Ryuuen-kun, there must be something you need since you are here."

"ku ku I guess I just want to see how many of you Class-D morons are still standing after the last exam. Didn't have a chance to before."

Ryuuen-kun glanced around the room a little bit more before he spoke a second time.

"Huh, maybe you're all not as stupid as I thought. There's more of you here than I expected there'd be."

Now having lost their interests, Ryuuen-kun left the room along with the two accompanying him before uttering a few more words directed at me specifically.

"During this special exam, it might be to fun to see your class squirm, Ichinose."

Light provocation is not welcoming, especially since we're about to have a very important test where we will be facing off against other classes. I knew as much as everyone did, that since we are Class-D, we will be the most likely candidate for major repercussions that other classes want to avoid.

This is not something my class can handle all on their own. As Class-D's leader, there is no hope for us if we don't at least make it through this exam in one piece.

There are still some class leaders which I haven't met yet. In Class-A, I heard that Sakayanagi Arisu-san was their irrefutable leader. As for Class-B, there's Kanzaki Ryuji-kun and Katsuragi Kohei-kun.

(A/N: i decided to move katsuragi down and move keisei up to class-A to make up for the missing person in class-B as per a suggestion in an earlier chapter and make him and kanzaki the leaders)

I'm sure I'll get the circumstance to meet all of them at least once either in the future or somewhere during the special exam. But either way, I'm certain that there will be more occurrences like this one somewhere along the lines. We just need to prepare for anything they throw at us.

After leaving class, I decided to call two students in particular to the Pallet Café to discuss what we should do in this exam. The first person is Hirata-kun and the second is a certain tall boy with brown hair, or more specifically Ayanokouji-kun.

As I contacted both of them via text, I made my way to the Café to get there little earlier than both of them but much to my surprise, when I got there, Ayanokouji-kun was waiting by the door, fiddling on his phone. Before I was able to call out to him though, he called out to me first.

"Ichinose," he said.

"Ayanokouji-kun, you're already here," I said, laughing anxiously.

"Guess so, I already had my own agenda for today so I thought I might as well get this over with."