Chapter XXVIII - All's Fair In Love And NTR

The day has ended and I find myself lying down at my desk, feigning sleep while pondering the true nature of society. It wasn't until then, during my daydreaming, my thoughts were interrupted by a certain pink-haired girl. Since everyone already left, it wasn't as if there was any problem with her talking to me openly, regardless of the relationship we have.

"Kiyotaka-kun~ Are you awake?" she whispered into my ear.

Slowly opening my eyes, I turned around and was met with her mischievous smile. Honami, the aforementioned pink-haired girl, stood before me as she had her bag over her shoulder.

"I wasn't asleep, I was just thinking is all," I replied.

Giving me a light smile, Honami continued speaking. "Thinking, huh. Thinking about what?"

"Nothing in particular, did you want something?"

I could see that Honami was still interested in whatever hobbies I have, but she didn't press further. Instead, she pulled the chair from Horikita's seat and placed it next to me. Sitting down, Honami sat her bag on my desk and turned her attention to me.

"Since it's just the two of us, I thought we'd have a little chat," Honami stated, "You know, Kiyotaka-kun, I have been wondering, how has the rumors affected you so far?"

The rumors she was referring to was, of course, the rumors from the other day and though while I did get some looks, it wasn't anything particularly strange or out of the ordinary, given that I've noticed other people in our class also getting those looks. In any case, they haven't done any real damage as of yet.

"They haven't really affected me in any way"

"I see, well rumors aside, everyone seems to be getting along well. There is some discomfort but it's minor."

"It's amazing how one person can do so much, huh."

Giggling a bit, Honami quickly recovered and leaned closer into me.

"By the way, Kiyotaka-kun. Are you free this evening?" Honami asked.

"Ah, sorry. I'm actually busy, believe it or not."

I did have unexpected plans that was brought upon me yesterday, but I couldn't go into the details of what it was with Honami. Yesterday, you see, I was invited by the now current Student Council President Nagumo. There was also the suspicion I had about them being the one to spread the rumors because as of yet, he has not interacted with me nor anyone else in my class to my knowledge. Whether this may be coincidence or not hasn't been fully answered.

"W-wait.. Really?"

Surprised by my answer, Honami blinked a few times before composing herself.

"I-I see.. That's a bit sad for me, haha!"

I could immediately tell that her laugh was just a way of masking her disappointment, but I wouldn't ask her about that.

"So, um, what will you be doing then?"

As I've said before, I cannot disclose the details of what I will be doing but I can, however, tell her the truth to some extent.

"I was just invited by a senpai to join them for the evening the other day. You wouldn't want me to not make any connections in the social world, right?"

"I.. Y-yeah, okay that's fine then.."

Sounding a little skeptical, Honami inevitably decided not to delve into the topic further. If I had told her the truth, there could be complications down the line and she'll start being involved in more personal business. I'm also assuming that President- Or rather, Horikita wouldn't want me to involve another outsider in Student Council business.