Chapter III - Education Is The Foundation Upon Which We Build Our Future

It was a shocking revelation, everyone was left stunned by Chabashira-sensei's announcement but disregarded everyone and continued their lecture as normal, as she had said nothing beforehand. Soon after class ended, a few students, usually the talkative ones, lost their will to even speak and left their class. Horikita also just left the classroom without saying a word. Ichinose on the other hand, along with Hirata, took up the spot at the podium and spoke up to the remaining people who were still in class.

"Um, excuse me! If I could have everyone's attention for a minute, please!" Ichinose announced.

"After thinking it through, me and Ichinose-san have decided to form two study groups. If you could hear us out carefully then we would be grateful," Hirata added.

I could assume where this was going already but decided to stay as I was curious as to what approach they would take.

"Basically, me and Hirata-kun will be spearheading two different study groups for the students who are struggling academically. We would appreciate it if the students who are above average would please come and help tutor everyone. I understand if you don't want to but your help is greatly needed. We will even go as far as paying private points for your assistance though it may not be all that much."

Ah, so that was their stance. Two study groups, 20 students each at max. Both groups are led by Hirata and Ichinose. To sum it up, to help the less academically inclined students, the smarter ones are asked to help as tutors. They must be desperate since Ichinose was even willing to pay the tutors precious private points they had saved up to this point, especially after hearing what Chabashira-sensei had said.

After I heard their briefing, Ichinose and Hirata was already swarmed by some students who are struggling, of course that included the three idiots excluding Sudou. As for me though, I understood what I needed to do and chose my best course of action which was leaving before Ichinose managed to call out to me. My last exam weren't what you would call great, in fact the score I got was a 53 according to the score chart Chabashira-sensei put up. 

As soon as I was about to leave, I saw Ichinose lightly push through some of the students who huddled up to her and look straight at me. Looks like it was already too late so I need someway to avoid joining any sort of study group. It's not something I wanted to be involved in.

"Hey! Wait, Ayanokouji-kun!" Ichinose called out to me.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I was wondering if you'd join my study group."

"Any reason why?"

"Well, I'm not saying you're dumb by any means but.. your score on the last test isn't exactly.. you know.. decent..?"

"I'm aware, I already have things covered."

I really didn't want to join so maybe if I convince her that I'm already well off I could avoid joining.

"Are you sure? Your grades don't seem to think so."

"Ah, I guess I just needed some time to adjust to the exams. Don't worry, I have it covered," I replied.

"Okay, but could you at least just show up? I want to test you to see if you're telling the truth."

She wont just leave me alone, huh. I'm not annoyed by Ichinose's requests but rather annoyed at having to join a study group. I guess I have to choice but to submit to her demands though, just like before she was determined to make me do what she wants.

"Fine, I'll join. But if I'm as good as I say I am, then may I leave the group?"

"Sure, that's fine by me," acknowledged Ichinose.