Chapter V - The Strongest Bonds Are Forged In The Fires Of Adversity

As I was on my way back to the dormitories, I was going to make a quick stop at a convenience store for a light snack before hand since I was slightly emaciated. Since I still haven't fully memorized the entire layout of the campus, I took out my phone and used the school provided map on the GPS application. It showed that quickest way was to cut through the third year building so that's what I did.

As I was walking, I saw a peculiar scene occurring beside the third year dorm. Though it may be from just my peripheral vision, I saw it nevertheless. When I got closer, I instinctively hid behind a wall and eavesdropped on what was going on, I peeked out a little and saw Horikita along with an unfamiliar face.

"Suzune, I'm generally surprised you managed to track me down."

"Listen brother, I'm not the failure I was back then. I've changed, I'll prov-"

"Changed? Hardly. You're unfit to be at this school, if you know what's good for you. You need to leave now."

I didn't understand where this conversation going but from the sound of it, it must be some sort sibling reunion, since Horikita called him 'brother' and all.

"No, I have! I'll show you! I'll be in Class-A soon, then you'll see," said Horikita.

"Hmph. Even now, you still haven't realized your own flaws."

"That's not true, listen to me I can-"

Just as Horikita was about answer back, she was interrupted by the other party.

"Enough. As your older brother, I can't bare to stand you behave this way."

He then started to slowly approach Horikita and in the matter of seconds when he was in distance of her, he had pinned Horikita against the wall. I hadn't expected him to do such things, especially to his own sister. Putting that aside though, from the way he moved, he must be a skilled fighter. Or at the very least, practiced some sort of martial art.

"Brother please, stop this," Horikita pleaded.

"Someday you'll learn.." said her supposed brother, completely disregarding her words.

It seemed that her 'brother' was about to strike her so indecisive as I was, I chose to step in and rushed at the both of them and immediately took hold off this man's wrist.

"Hm?" this person reacted. Horikita was shocked that I'd been here but even more so that I chose to stop him.

"And who might you be? Eavesdropping isn't exactly a admirable quality," he asked.

"Nor is assault so if at all possible, would you let go?"

"Ayanokouji-kun, do as he says," said Horikita.

I've never heard her speak that way before.

"Are you certain?"

Horikita lightly nodded so I let go compliantly. Perhaps it would've been better if I just watched from the sidelines. Whatever family feud they have isn't exactly something I was interested in.

"Ayanokouji, you say? Are you Ayanokouji Kiyotaka?" questioned the man.

"That depends on who's asking."

"I'm Student Council President, Horikita Manabu."

Student Council, huh? I'm beginning to regret my decision, I don't want to concern myself with anything they had to offer.

"Then I'm Ayanokouji," I said.

"Interesting.."

What exactly was interesting? I haven't done anything interesting other than interfere. When I was in the middle of thinking, he turned back to Horikita.