Chapter XVIII - Falling Is Inevitable, But Glory Lies In Rising Again

After that announcement had been made, Ichinose looked at me with a different face than she had before. She didn't look hurt that we're going to have to take another special exam, in fact, she had this stern look on her face. She was determined. In the past, Ichinose almost broke down by the fact that someone was expelled from our class but that has since changed. Now, she had a new flame ignited within her.

"Will you be alright?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah, this time, I'll make sure our class wins."

Ichinose look rather nervous still, she reeked of anxiety, but, it was different in a sense. Previously, her anxiousness would get the better of her and it would show but now, it silently consumed itself and she became more calm.

"What do you think this special exam will be this time around?" Ichinose asked me.

"Who knows, could be anyone's guess."

"Ah, let's just hope it won't be anything like the first special exam we had."

In the first special exam we had to take, it started off relatively simple. We were asked to nominate people for certain rewards or penalties, often times class would attack each other if a prompt ever came up with penalties. It wasn't until the end that we, Class-D, was nominated to have a classmate expelled in exchange for one hundred thirty class points. No one wanted to but regardless, what's done is done. Though it may be small, those class points put us back in the running for Class-A.

"You think anyone will get expelled during this?" I questioned.

"Hopefully not, haha!" she laughed, "I should get going now, Ayanokouji-kun. I'll see you later!"

Once Ichinose left, I received a notification on my phone. Opening it, I saw that it was an email from the school. The one that the intercom had mentioned, the one that will tell you about this new special exam.

TO: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

FROM: ANHS

Please report to the main deck dressed in your fitness attire. All devices will be confiscated from your person and will not be permitted during the special exam.

If help is needed, report to a teacher immediately.

Thank you.

Reading the message, I got the impression this special exam isn't going to be like the last one. There are still uncertainties and this could very well be the end of Class-D if we're penalized like last time, we only managed to bounce back before thanks to Horikita and Ichinose's convincing. In any case, I followed the message as instructed.

Going into my room, I was met with two of the three roommates I had to stay with, Miyake and Hirata who were already finished changing.

Speaking of Hirata, he is the same as he was ever since the last special exam. None of Wang's persistence has changed anything in him. Everyday, she would still talk to him but is inevitably ignored in the end.

(A/N: in actuality, i forgot hirata even existed lmao so im adding him in again)

As they left me, I did the same. Strip down, change into my clothes, and so on and so forth. After finishing though, I decided to leave my phone on my bed. If it was going to be confiscated from me anyways, then I don't see the point in keeping in. Anyways, when I left, I saw students from the other rooms next to mine also leaving, dressed in the same physical fitness uniform as I was. Paying them no mind, I took the shortest route to the deck.

Getting there, I already saw that most the students have already arrived. There was four groups in columns with the homeroom teachers in front of them, making it easier for students to identify their classes. As I got in line myself, I took another look around and saw that more and more students started to come in and joined the lines. It wasn't until perhaps ten or more minutes of waiting it appeared that everyone was here. Turning my attention to the front, I saw that Mashima-sensei, the homeroom teacher of Class-A, said something into his radio and the two staff members that were near the back of us, shut the doors.