Chapter XIX - To Enforce, Then One Must Have Force

Once we heard revolver go off, all classes immediately started to huddle around each other and move in separate directions. Class-C went to the western side, both Class-A and Class-B went to the Northern half, and our class moved to the eastern side of the island and thus, the Island Special Exam has begun.

We had no destination in mind but we kept moving east ward, just as we were walking though, there was a certain noise up ahead of me.

"Ahhh~" said Ichinose while stretching her arms, "Alright, first order of business, where should we set up our base?"

Upon hearing that, people started to talk amongst themselves, discussing the places where we could set up but in the end, we haven't been able to decide on a clear location. To my knowledge, there's no one among us that have expertise in this field so it'll be especially difficult if we don't sort out one of the three necessities, that necessity being shelter anyways.

"Somewhere along the beach could be fun!" said a few of the boys.

"The beach, huh," Ichinose muttered to herself.

Though the beach isn't necessarily a bad place, it's not great either. We're out in the open without any privacy and should we settle there, then it wont be long before any one of the other classes discover our hiding spot. Furthermore, somewhere with a solid ground is more ideal, the sand will get in our shoes, the tents, it'll be all over the place if not everyone is careful.

"Hold on a minute, Ichinose-san," said Shinohara.

"Yes, Shinohara-san?"

"There's no way we can settle on the beach."

"H-Huh? What? Why not?!" exclaimed someone in the audience.

"I think I speak for all the girls when I say the boys have a different motive for wanting to go to the beach."

"Wh-What?! What are you talking about?" said Ike.

"Oh, you know exactly what I mean!"

There was some back and forth but fortunately, Ichinose had had enough of it and broke into the argument between the both of them.

"Well, it's clear to me that the beach is a no go. I would prefer it be a place that everyone is comfortable with, yeah?"

Horikita, looking towards the crowd, also chimed in and joined Ichinose.

"As Ichinose-san says, a place everyone can agree on is best. After all, team work is essential in this special exam."

"Then in that case.. where do we go, Horikita-san? Ichinose-san?"

After giving it some more thought, both and Ichinose and Horikita talked to each and turn back to face the audience.

"We'll have another group split from us temporarily and scout out a spot. For now, we'll have to settle here in the meantime," Horikita said.

"Yes, now, who would like to volunteer?" Ichinose asked.

Same as before, people started to look towards one another again, hoping that either one of them would participate but no one raised their hands. There was silence for a little but that subsided as Ike, Sudou, and surprisingly, Miyake who was often seen with Hasebe most of the time, has chosen to participate. Once they got their orders from Horikita, the three of them ventured out into the woods.

So with that out of the way, I sat down near a tree under the shade and thought to myself a little.

Right now, our class hasn't seen significant growth. As it stands, the only we have going for us is the fact Class-D is inspired by both Ichinose and Horikita. But just how long will that inspiration last? Who knows, by the time Class-D starts to go downhill again, Class-D will be at the very bottom of the hierarchy once more and we'll have to start from scratch. Never mind that, there's also the matter of the people who haven't recovered from the last special exam, one person in specific is Hirata Yousuke, who I found looking out at the trees above him, away from everyone else.