Chapter 39

Daniel's POV:

I barely ever got angry and when I did somebody would end up dead. That man would pay for threatening Victor. I was sitting in Victor's office along with him, Antonio and Niccolo. there was a nervous stillness in the room until Salvestro joined with a woman who bowed in front of us. Dad entered behind him. only dad?

"Dad and Lorenzo are with the twins," Dad said before Antonio could ask. As for the twins, I will talk to them afterwards.

"it's you" Victor whined.

"Will you tell us our name this time?" Dad grumbled. they both knew her? I turn to look at Antonio who was also looking at me.

"Sylvie La Croix" she answered with a small smile. French?

" I am the legal advisor to the gang."

"did you trace the call," Antonio asked Salvestro who gave us the area. no wonder he was victors most trusted man.

" the person won't be there now," Sylvie said absentmindedly.

"so we let go of the only lead we have" I sneered.

" no son she is right they would have left the place long ago," Dad said causing me to scowl.

" give her the location" Antonio ordered Salvestro who did as commanded.

she just grinned on seeing the information and turned to look at us." sir give me 24 hrs I will inform you everything about him and his family" she promised.

"so much belief isn't good" I smirked.

" We will see sir," she said and left. What a pompous woman. Why the hell was she a consultant to the finest gang in the world?

"Will she be able to do this Dad? Antonio questioned. Even I had that doubt.

"certainly" Victor said smirking at Dad who reflected his face.

 "How do you know her?" As soon as my father had left us alone, I questioned Victor.

He tilted his head a little before responding, "She arrived with a man for the peace proposal and wouldn't reveal who she was. She may not be your cup of tea, but there is no denying her strength."

"So tomorrow morning, along with their soldiers, we depart on the mission." Antonio inquires.

"What happened bro?" I turn to gaze at Niccolo, who had been quiet the entire time after agreeing to Antonio. He responded anxiously."I have a very bad feeling about this." He appeared abnormally pale.

Victor only chuckles, "You are getting old brother," and I had to agree with him.

I smirked and said, "Let's just have fun today; Dad, Uncle, and Grandpa are here in case there's any trouble."

Before being hauled outside by Antonio and Victor, Niccolo only scowled in silence. As soon as I was done chatting with the twins, I would go and join them.

In Enzo's room, I find them both alone. While Armando was trying to read a book he was holding upside down, Enzo was sitting next to him blankly gazing into space. I regret hearing what that scumbag had done to them, but he will be held accountable.

"Well, is there a silent programme here?" I made an effort to brighten the atmosphere. Together, they both leapt to their feet, and Enzo's hand immediately reached for the revolver he was carrying. When they learned it was me, they both sighed.