Chapter 45

Soon they are going to know about her past and identity in a few chapters!!

Victor's POV:

In the dimly lit study, I and Leonardo sat across from each other at an ornate desk that had witnessed countless discussions of family matters. The air was thick with tension, a stark contrast to the polished calmness we often wore. 

My brow furrowed as I regarded my brother. "Salvestro saw Isabella sneaking out?"

Leonardo nodded grimly, his fingers drumming a nervous rhythm on the polished surface of the desk. "Yes, and not just that. He followed her and saw her entering an abandoned warehouse down by the docks."

My gaze turned icy, the gravity of the situation settling over me. The implications were clear, and my mind began to churn with possibilities. "This can't be a mere coincidence, Leo."

Leo's jaw tightened, his voice a low murmur. "No, it can't. We've always been cautious about anyone who gets too close to our operations. Isabella's secrecy raises concerns."

My thoughts churned, my concern for our youngest sister evident in my voice. "Isabella is family, our sister. We've worked hard to keep her away from our affairs, to shield her from our world. If she's involved in something dangerous..."

Leonardo's gaze remained steady, his  apprehension mirroring mine. "It could jeopardize not only her safety but also our family's reputation and security."

Leonardo's  "I am sure she's involving herself in something dangerous..."

Our conversation was punctuated by the soft knock on the study door. It creaked open, revealing the imposing figure of Salvestro. He hesitated, sensing the charged atmosphere in the room.

 My gaze fell on him, his voice cool and controlled. "Salvestro, come in."

Salvestro stepped into the room, his demeanour respectful yet apprehensive. "Bosses."

Leonardo leaned forward, his eyes never leaving Salvestro's face. "You were careful, I trust?"

Salvestro nodded, his expression serious. "Yes, I made sure I wasn't detected. The warehouse was abandoned, as far as I could tell."

Leo's lips thinned, his tone resolute. "We can trust her but as her elder brothers we need to keep an eye on her for her own safety Vic"

Salvestro nodded and bowed "I'll keep an eye on her, and report any unusual activities." Then quietly excused himself from the study,

I leaned back in my chair, a heavy sigh escaping me. "We've spent years shielding her from our world. She's our sister, Leo. I can't bear the thought of her getting caught up in something dangerous."

Leonardo's voice was laced with empathy. "I know, Victor. She's the youngest among us. We've always tried to provide her a different life, away from the shadows that define us."

A pang of worry clenched at my heart. "We can't let her get hurt. We need to find out what she's involved in, without alarming her."

Leonardo's gaze softened as he met my eyes. "We can't confront her directly, not yet. She'll shut us out if she senses we're prying."

 "Agreed. We need to show her we're concerned, not suspicious." I said quietly 

Leonardo's agreement was unwavering. "We'll find a way to protect her, Victor. She's part of our family, and we'll shield her from any harm."

A heavy sigh escaped me, the weight of our responsibilities settling on my shoulders. "Speaking of protection, we have our own matters to deal with. The Russians have been pushing their influence into our territory."