VOL 1 Chapter 3 Advantage

With the insistence of the two social monsters, the class managed to calm their hearts, seeing this the Sensei said.

Chabashira: complete transaction.it is true, this school is based on meritocracy when it comes to handing out points, actions such as bad behavior in class, fights, unexcused absences, among others, can reduce the amount of points they receive.

With these words of sensei the cold sweat runs down the backs of many, because they thought to do the same as he said, if it had not been for my incessant insistence the class could have reached zero points as in the original story.

Chabashira: There are two types of points that are handled in this school, the private points that are the ones given to you every month and the class points that represent the whole group and its merits, these were the ones we used to make the transaction for this information that is why I needed everyone's approval to carry it out.

The uneasiness could be felt in the air, but I need to get all the information out for them, this will gain a very big advantage in the short term.

Hikigaya: Sensei, what is the point of all this? It has something to do with us being placed in D class.

Visible confusion spread among everyone but the teacher quickly responds.

Chabashira: For those who are slower, Hikigaya here says if your position has influence with merit, and the truth is yes, Class D are the so called defectives while Class A are the elite.

This caused some students to be offended by being referred to as defective, a boy with short hair and glasses, named Yukimura Teruhiko, exclaims his discontent.

Yukimura: sensei, this is unacceptable as someone like me who has the best grades is not in the A class.

Chabashira: And who decided that the one with the best grades is the best, or the one who runs fast is the best, tell me, in front of society they are looking for people capable of facing any situation taking into account their strengths and weaknesses, you are the best in academic performance but you say that you can also beat everyone in sports.

With these words Yukimura is silenced and sits reactively, I can see out of the corner of my eye Horikita who also feels annoyed by the information provided.
Chabashira: Don't worry the class points can increase with the mid-term exams or with the special exams but they can also decrease with them, I hope you take that into account.

Hirata decides to raise his hand and asks.

Hirata: Sensei, could you tell us the amount of class points this explanation cost.

Chabashira: Each class is assigned 1000 class points at the beginning of the year, and these determine the amount of private points given out each month. The explanation now cost 200 class points, leaving you with 800 class points.

In this way she gave us to understand the conversion she was carrying, 1 class point is equivalent to 100 private points, I can witness how the complexion of several companions becomes pale, perhaps a little relieved, due to dodge the bullet that crossed us.

Chabashira: Well, that's all for the moment, during your stay I will be answering your questions in due time. There are still 15 minutes left for the class to end, you can do whatever you want with that time.

With that Chabashira-sensei takes his leave and leaves us alone with this heavy atmosphere, but Hirata gathers everyone's attention.

Hirata: Well guys, with all this explanation I would like Hikigaya Hachiman-kun, to tell us more about the situation we are in, with his opinions.
And from one moment to the next, I was thrown back into the eye of the hurricane, hey hey hey, this is bad, I gathered all the courage to talk to the sensei, and with this I was able to concentrate better ignoring everyone else. I thought I had finished my part, so it was illogical for me to stand out again as I did,with a soft voice but one that only I know desperate I speak.

Hachiman: Why?

Hirata: Hikigaya-kun, thanks to your doubts you introduced us to the possibilities that this school presents to us and you were able to prevent us from making mistakes that we would later regret.

At this moment Kushida decides to interrupt with a cheerful and relieved voice.

Kushida: That's right, Hikigaya-kun, I'm very grateful for what you've done, otherwise we would really be in a lot of trouble.

At this moment these two social monsters have united against me by focusing all the attention on me, ironic, I used them in my favor at the most decisive moment in the debate, but now they are going to become my executioners.

Hachiman: okay

With this answer I get up from my seat and head to the front, although I may seem calm on the outside, the truth is that inside absolute panic blinds me completely, without realizing it I am on the podium, facing all my new colleagues, having read the 17 volumes of the light novel and having seen the illustrations I am able to recognize most of them, my gaze sweeps them all.

Hachiman: MMM, this... ahhh....good............ehhhh....

My words don't come out of my mouth, this is unfair, during my whole school passage I never received the attention of the whole class, being always a lone ranger, being in front of them is unheard of, I can't think, I can't form arguments, hell I can't even breathe properly. My gaze passes back and forth, I can see how everyone is waiting for me to speak in anticipation, in a moment my gaze falls on the protagonist, Ayanokouji Kitotaka, who upon seeing me, throws his head back gently a little and then turned it forward.

Ahh, I see, this simple movement indicated to me what I had to do.

Hachiman: *inhale*.........*exhale*

With this my concentration returned and I was able to reaffirm my position, it's true, at this moment I can't go back, so the only thing left is to move forward, I don't know if it will become a new regret in my school life but I have to do it.

Hachiman: As you heard from sensei, my name is Hikigaya Hachiman, I hope we get along well, as you said this situation we are in is problematic, so I ask for everyone's cooperation, we know that we can not make mistakes because it will be reflected in our points.

I notice that everyone is looking at me with some curiosity about what I am saying, for a loner like me, it is quite complicated to receive so much attention but I can not stop.

Hachiman:Right now we have an advantage, that we know how the system works, but this advantage is only short term, I would say that we only have a month of advantage, before all the classes know how the system is handled -S, but we must be prepared for the worst case scenario, which would be that the classes do not have failures that exceed 200 points, so I ask please I want you to restrict sharing this information with the other classes, since after all we spent 200 points for it.

With this I can ensure that information leakage is prevented, if all classes have access to the handling of the system -S would be catastrophic, I don't know how much influence my presence has but I am sure that some things are not going to stay the same as in canon, so I have to make sure to decrease the risk.

Hachiman: That's all I have to say, any question?.

I asked this, but I really want them to keep quiet and not say anything. But my situation is not so accommodating, as Hirata raised his hand and said.

Hirata: Then is it certain that we will be competing freely with the other classes starting next month?

Hachiman: That's for sure, but for the time being we must keep a low profile, and avoid any altercation that comes our way, avoiding the use of violence.

My words are directed especially to the red-haired Sudo Ken in the back row, he is the time bomb that should be resolved as soon as possible, I have a possible plan, but I will have to see how things develop.

With this Hirata calms down and sits at his post to ponder all the information provided. I repeat the same question again, hoping to end this ordeal.

Hachiman: Any other questions?.

Please no more, please no more, please no more....

My prayers fall on deaf ears when I see Horikita raise her hand and get up from her seat. For God's sake, what more do you want from me, with a cold and unsympathetic voice she says.

Horikita: I understand everything you have said so far, what I don't understand is how you managed to deduce the whole system based on conjectures that had no foundation.

It makes sense, I can't say that I got all the information from the novel, nor can I say that someone told me because it would lead to suspicions about my origins, I have to appear as less mysterious as possible without making people think I'm smart.

Hachiman: That's simple, common sense, don't you find it strange that we can't contact the outside without contacting our families, besides introducing a system of currency that is delivered to us personally, this led me to think that we are independent during our stay.

I said trying to formulate as much as I could without sounding clever.
Continuing I said.

Hachiman: ah, don't misunderstand me, I am not some kind of genius who discovered the S-system the moment I hear it.

My words are directed at the perfect entity sitting in the back of the room.

Hachiman:I'm just good at finding holes in arguments, the truth I took a big gamble, by saying it out loud I could have been wrong and led a life of loneliness for the three years of my school life.

Not that I complained about that, I'm used to being alone, so another three years, I don't think it would have changed anything.

With that, I hear the bell ring, signaling the end of class, without waiting for feedback I decide to head to my station to get my things and almost run out of the room. As I leave I let out a sigh, I didn't imagine I was going to be so tense, I almost feel my legs weak, but I decide to go on towards the auditorium for the entrance ceremony