VOL 2 Chapter 2 Those Who Reached Me

Sakura POV

I don't know how to interact with other people. I'm bad at talking while making eye contact. I'm horrible with crowds. I don't remember how or when I became so useless.

However, there is one thing I do know for sure and that is that a person cannot live in complete isolation. As much as I love my solitude, I cannot be totally alone.

So, I came up with a solution. I would adopt a false face and hide the real me. Then, I wouldn't be completely honest, but I could be a version of myself. I could continue to live in this dark and lonely world.

I honestly had no hope that anyone would understand me, I was resigned to my fate.

But I met them.

Who I can say are my friends.

Ken-kun who is someone that at first sight is very scary and more when he starts to scream, but he is very cheerful and cares a lot about his friends.

Akito-kun who is calm and has a cool air, he advises me quite a lot when I have problems, he is some kind of big brother I never had.

Kiyotaka-kun, who recently joined our group, is someone very quiet and reserved, but I can feel that he enjoys spending time with us.

Haruka-chan, she is always very cheerful with me, it bothers me a little when she looks for opportunities to tease me, she always gives me advice and we exchange our tastes about makeup and fashion, she has even let me take some pictures of her, she is my best friend.

Y...... Hachiman-kun.

He is my first friend, in my darkest moments he allowed me to show my true self to someone. He is someone who is cynical, annoying, rude, sarcastic, among other things I can keep saying.

But still I could never hate him, if there is someone to tell me all of Hachiman-kun's flaws then I would be the one to tell him all of his qualities.

My heart clenches when I'm next to him, my stomach feels the endless fluttering of butterflies.

Although I've never felt it, I'm absolutely sure I'm in love.

So when I hear his self-deprecation or his anecdotes at his old school, it hurts so much.

How much damage did he have to suffer for his personality to become like this?
That's why I want our small group of friends to make him feel like he can count on us. Hachiman-kun has tried so hard to change, even with all the damage he suffered he keeps rising up. This gradually created a longing inside me.

These people have given me too much, they have shown me that I am not alone.
So I am going to change, not only for my own sake but also to show them the real me.

I'm in one of the school hallways at night, I wanted to take a few pictures, you can say I got a little nostalgic, if I hadn't had that incident with Hachiman-kun I don't think I would be very happy right now, blessed with wonderful friends.

I get ready to take my pictures, but I hear people talking, I hide, it's an automatic reaction I've gotten used to living in the shadows, I know it's not right to eavesdrop.

I see three guys talking, two look to me like they belong to class D, I think it was Kondo and Komiya from what I heard and the other one is Ken-kun.

Kondo: You've been very arrogant Sudo.

Komiya: Yeah, don't think you're a big deal for running a little faster.

Sudo: Don't bother, I'm tired.

They seem to be provoking him, Ken-kun tries to leave but is grabbed by the arm by them.

Komiya: We're not done, you stupid bitch.