VOL 2 Chapter 5 Confession

Hachiman POV

After we finished drinking at the cafe, Karuizawa and I parted, I went to my room to rest, when I arrived I received a message from Yousuke saying that the alliance was successfully made.

I had some doubts if the alliance could be carried out, but I worried for nothing. And the best thing is that those two are coping as the leaders of the class. At least this way I can loosen up a bit.

Today Kikyo said she wasn't coming because she was going out with friends, so the anti-stress session was cancelled.

So I have the day off today, it feels pretty good to slack off once in a while.

Or so it was supposed to be, I'm lying on my bed when I get a message from Matsushita.

Matsushita: Hi Hikigaya-kun, are you busy? I need to talk to you about something.

It's strange, because a person I barely talked to today would have something to talk to me about, I don't want to receive anyone today but curiosity kills me. It's something that's important or it won't be, the mystery of a girl like Matsushita approaching me is quite a lot.

Hachiman: I'm not busy, if you want we can talk in my room, it's 401.

Matsushita: Ok I'm on my way.

Quickly answer the message, I decide to get up and fix some things, of course it's the mess I handle, I don't think I have to set traps with Matsushita, she doesn't have enough information about me, nor I about her. Thinking like this only increases my questions.

I hear my door ring, so I go to open it, there I see Matsushita in casual clothes, a light blue dress, accentuating her body dramatically.

Matsushita: Good evening Hikigaya-kun.

Hachiman: Good evening Matsushita-san. Please come in, you can sit wherever you want.

Matsushita sat on the edge of my bed, I offered him something to drink and he said black tea. I serve him and hand him the cup, in passing I also made myself a coffee, some say it's bad before sleeping but not for me. We drink in peace until Matsushita speaks.

Matsushita: Do you recognize me Hikigaya-kun?

That's a strange question, I've assimilated the memories of my two lives, and I'm absolutely sure I haven't met Matsushita.

Hachiman: No, sorry Matsushita-san.

Matsushita: hmmmmmmmm, well it could be expected.

This girl is confusing me more and more.

Hachiman: Does it have to do with what you want to talk about?

Matsushita: Yes, you don't know me but I know you Hikigaya-kun. At least your name.

This is bad, if you know my past it would be quite troublesome.

Hachiman: I don't know what you mean.

Matsushita: Patience, I'll tell you straight out.

With this Matsushita remains silent for a few moments with her eyes closed, takes a breath and begins to say.

Matsushita: Hikigaya-kun, I am your fiancée.

Silence

Silence

Silence

I don't know how to react to this, it's a modern joke, I have to ask my friends, I didn't know that playing with that was fashionable.

Besides that, I should laugh, but it's not funny at all and if I try to force my laughter it would be very creepy.

This girl was always such a joker, I thought she was hiding so she wouldn't stand out, but if she throws such bad jokes there's no way she wouldn't stand out.

Hachiman: This, Matsushita-san I don't get the joke, forgive me.

She looks at me completely serious.

Matsushita: It's not a joke, Hikigaya-kun.

Hachiman: Really?

Matsushita: Really

Hachiman: Are you sure?

Matsushita: I'm sure.

Silence

Silence

Hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?! Since when did my life take such a cliché turn?! And it had to be one of the clichés of clichés.

Hachiman: Wait, wait, I have no knowledge of this.

Matsushita: You can rest assured. I didn't know either, until my parents told me before I entered this school.

Hachiman: Huh?! My parents didn't mention it at all!

Matsushita: ah, I see, then I'd better explain it, though of course it will be from what they told me.

Many doubts are generated inside my head, but more important is the annoyance I feel towards my parents for not mentioning it, since when can they decide such an important thing as their son's marriage without even consulting him?

Matsushita: According to my parents, if we don't get married or have an established partner before the age of thirty, we will get married. This would be to form a union between our parents' two companies.

I knew that my parents had a company, but it is really so small that it seeks to use such old-fashioned methods.

Hachiman: I thought arranged marriages existed in ancient times.

Matsushita: Well yes, but nowadays it's used a lot in powerful families to ensure a good future.

What the hell, since when did I become so powerful?! Although come to think of it, they always kept bodyguards and the place I lived in wasn't bad at all, that's why I thought the company was a decent one, because of my attitudes in school I didn't know much about my parents' job.

But that just forms contradiction in my head, if we are so rich, then why were they sending me that pair of motherfuckers!!!!

I got to have a big talk with my parents when I graduated.

Hachiman: *sigh* it looks like they forced us into something troublesome.

Matsushita: Yeah, but I don't see you too worried.

Hachiman: Why should I be?

Matsushita: Huh?

Confusion is written all over her face, this girl, make me say it out loud is quite cunning.

Hachiman: The condition is that neither of us have a partner before thirty, right?

Matsushita: Right.

Hachiman: Then it's impossible for Matsushita-san not to have a partner at that time.

Matsushita: Ehhhhhhhhhhhh? Wait wait wait I don't understand.

What's wrong with him, is it that hard to understand? Or could it be that Matsushita-san suffered from what is called on the internet as "nerfing", if so, it would be bad to lose someone so capable. I will explain if she can understand what i tried to say.