VOL 4 Chapter 10 Control

We played cards calmly, this should relax me, but somehow I came out more irritated, no, annoyed would be more appropriate.

Since I can't even draw a decent hand during the entire game, I honestly don't know if my luck is very good or terrible.

To everyone's surprise the game was fine, nothing happened and everything was very normal, I thought   Seong   would make some provocative comment or something like that.

Although he only called me a loser a couple of times, I would have answered him if it weren't true.

The required time is up. So everyone starts to leave. I see   Satou , before leaving she raises shyly her hand to say goodbye, it's a nice action. I suddenly realize that I have started calling several pretty girls, although that is an undeniable fact.

I also start walking down the corridor, when two people stop me again, it seems that it has become very common to stop in the hallways.

Amikura : Hikigaya-kun , hello.

Furinji : Hikigaya-kun , good afternoon.

Hachiman  : Oh, Amikura   and   Furinji  -san.

Amikura : Hey, hey, you skipped the -san in my name.

I can't tell her it's because I lost respect for her.

Amikura :   You must   be thinking about something rude.

Hachiman : You are very insightful.

Amikura  : At least deny it.

Furinji : Come on,   Mako -chan, we didn't come to exchange jokes.

Amikura :   Hmph , taking your man's side while abandoning your friend. I'll tell   Honami -chan.

Furinji  : I already told you it's not like that! We are friends!

I know we're just friends, it still doesn't take away from the fact that she's denying it so strongly.

Furinji : Just stay calm for a few moments,   Hikigaya-kun , I wanted to ask you something.

Hachiman : Go ahead.

Furinji : Did something happen between you and   Honami -chan?

Hachiman :  Huh  ? What do you mean? 

Furinji : Well, since the day you left the camp, she has been more distracted and distant from reality, I don't know how to explain it.

It seems I take my words quite seriously.

Hachiman : I see, we had a conversation, I can't tell you its content.

Amikura : Tch , a couples fight then.

Does this girl only think about romance?

Hachiman : I'll talk to her soon. You don't have to worry.

Furinji : Then we will leave it in your hands 

Hachiman : Do you trust me?

Furinji : There is no other way. We haven't been able to reach it so I think you will be able to do it.

Hachiman  :……….

A heavy mountain of responsibility looms over me.

Furinji : However, if you make   Honami -chan cry, I will break your arms. 

Scary.

But the Terrifying thing is not the content of the words, but the happy and innocent tone with which he says it. A chill runs down my neck.

As we speak, a message arrives on our phones.

[The exam for the (Monkey) group has ended. Group members (Mono) no longer need to participate further. Please do not disturb the other students.]

Looks like   Koenji   made his move, this guy is annoying but I guess he helped us…. Maybe.

Amikura : Did anyone discover the traitor?

Furinji : Or could he have been wrong?

Since the school keeps the results anonymous, many responses can be generated. I think I'm the only one at the moment who knows what happened.

It's time for me to meet with the others, having finished the first day of discussions, it's time to create the right strategy.

I write to them the place where we are going to meet, this time it will be in my room, I informed my colleagues that I would hold a meeting there. They said there was no problem.

He came to my room. And I prepare the site. After half an hour,   Kikyo   is the first to arrive.

Kikyo : Hello, Hachiman-kun.

Hachiman : Hello.

Kikyo : Did you have anything to do with the group (monkey)?

Hachiman : Why do you assume he did something? And no, I haven't done anything.

Kikyo  : I just thought that you like to make secret moves, so I started to suspect you.

Hachiman : It's not that I always do something secretly, and please stop making that face.

Her face of disbelief tells me that she doesn't trust my words. Another   knock   interrupts our conversation.

This time it's   Yousuke.

Yousuke  : So I'm not the first to arrive, hello   Kushida  -san.

Kikyo :   Hirata-kun , welcome.

Take a seat on one of the beds.

Yousuke : It seems that   Koenji-kun , he finished the exam on his own.

Hachiman : It's very typical of him.

The door rings again, the last member for this meeting has arrived, it is   Horikita.

Horikita : I guess we're all there now.

Hachiman  : Right, let's start with what we know about this exam.

Yousuke : From what we know there are 12 groups, where in each class they have 3 VIPs.

Kikyo : We already know the identity of two of the VIPs. Which is   Hachiman-kun   and me.

Yousuke : I also found out the identity of the third party.

Horikita : Who is it?

Yousuke  : It's   Karuizawa  -san of the group (rabbit)

Kikyo : With that we have the three. 

Hachiman  :   Kikyo   Do you have the names of all the groups?

Kikyo : Yes, I'll send them to you by message.

There my phone rings, he checked. He did the job very well, all the information is perfectly organized. Thanks to this I can see the pattern of VIP selection.

I have absolute control of this test, it makes me a little disgusted to do it.

Now, you could end the exam with a landslide victory, however leaving the class with such a large lead may cause them to become self-indulgent, resulting in a late fall. I do not want that.

I have a lot of room to think.
I repeat, the advantage I have is disgusting.

Horikita : Are you okay? You've been very quiet since you started looking at the data.

Hachiman : Yes, I'm fine, guys, I have to tell you something. I already see the pattern in which the VIPs were chosen.

Everyone:………………………… Huh?

It's a surprise for them.

Horikita   is the first to speak rubbing her temple.

Horikita : Did you just say that you know the pattern?

Hachiman : Yes.

Horikita : Sorry, let me hesitate.

Kikyo : I agree with   Horikita  -san, doesn't that take away the   mystery   of this test?

Yousuke : Plus you were able to figure out just the names of our class.

Hachiman : I know you have doubts, let me explain so you understand better.

I thank heaven that at least the pattern hasn't changed, even if I'm the VIP the pattern remains the same.

I explain the order of the last names and the group number, this way everything seems to fit. They listen to what I have to say.

Yousuke : So, the students' surnames divided by order of zodiac signs were the key to finding the Objective.

Hachiman : Yes, let's take the group (rabbit) as an example. The rabbit is the fourth in the zodiac.   Kiyotaka  ,   Honami  ,   Ibuki   and   Karuizawa  . It would continue in that order, it is fortunate that the group (dragon) is the   next , being the fifth, we can further corroborate this theory.

I begin to point out the VIP of each group, thus forming the sequence. Only open eyes remain on these three.

Kikyo : That means that   Koenji-kun , discovered that the VIP belongs to class C.

Horikita  : So if we assume that he answered correctly, it would give us about fifty class points.

I doubt that guy was wrong. And even more so if it increases your private points.

Yousuke : This…. How to say it? It feels like something...

Horikita : Anticlimactic.

Having the answer before your eyes feels strange, also considering that it is only the first day of three.

Hachiman  : I think it's better that we target the VIPs of Class D.

Kikyo : I will inform the others for this change. This really feels strange, you are so amazing.
Hachiman-kun.

Yousuke : She's right, with only three names and you were able to find the pattern, right now we should be racking our brains for a strategy. 

It feels bad to receive this compliment, mostly because I knew from the beginning that I had to look, so right now I'm like a student who's cheating on an exam.

Hachiman  : Actually I have to ask you for another favor, it's okay if you reject it. I want to talk about the next step we can do, I tell you it's something very crazy. I won't defend myself if you call me an idiot.

I really want you to accept right now, this is the last request that I am going to make to you as a leader, and then everything depends on you.

Horikita :   Hmph , you always do stupid things, so we'll have to listen to you again.

Yousuke : You did all the work on this exam, it would be ungrateful not to hear what you want to say.

Kikyo  : Rest assured that you can count on us.

It looks like I'll be able to put my plan into action. I want to see the expressions they put.