VOL 3 Chapter 4 Handing out the work

We arrive at the river, at that moment I go to Chabashira-sensei to inform her that I am the leader, when she finishes the whole process she gives me the card with my name on it. At once I also buy the portable toilet.

I go to the sign and pass the card over it.
This way I claim this place as ours.

Yousuke: I think it's better if we all divide the work to finish faster.

Horikita: I also agree, we should keep our priorities in mind.

Hachiman: Ike, what is the first thing we should consider?

Ike: We should check how the water in the river is, then I think it would be like having light during the night, and set up our tents.

Hachiman: Okay, let's start with the river.

We approached the river bank, it's crystal clear water.

Ike: This looks good, the water looks crystal clear and pure.

Hachiman: Do we need to boil it?

Ike: I don't think so, this kind of water usually comes from a freshwater spring.

Everyone's expressions are very doubtful.

Shinohara: Isn't it dangerous for us to drink it without boiling it first?

Karuizawa: It looks great for bathing, but .......

Matsushita: Maybe it's better to take precautions.

Onodera: I'm sorry, I can't drink from it.

The girls' opinion is very unified in engatse on taking from the river, this opinion is also spreading among the boys.

Ike: I tell you, it is totally safe.

Ken: It may be, but one wrong step and we may suffer a disease.

Okitani: One rule of survival is not to trust appearances, right?

Sotomura: mmmmmmmmmm, it's quite complex, I'm also very hesitant to take it that way.

This is annoying, Ike's reputation makes them doubt his knowledge, I decide to give a push, this way it will boost a new opinion of him among our peers.

I send my hands making a bowl towards the water I collect some with them. And I start to drink from it.

My action surprises everyone.

It actually tastes very good, maybe I needed to refresh myself, after all I had talked enough today. There is nothing better than this, if I could I would drink ten liters of this water, it's a lie, my kidneys would not be able to take so much, I think.

When everyone catches on that I just drank the water.

Ike: H-Hikigaya, did you just drink from the river?

haaaa? This idiot is blind, I just did.

Hachiman: Didn't you say it was okay to drink it?

Ike: Well yes, but that you would take it took me by surprise after all several were against it.

Hachiman: You are right, the right course would be to wait better to analyze. But I think it would be faster if I experienced it on my own, about an hour or two we will know, I will tell you if I feel bad or something.

Even though my immune system is abnormal, I'm sure my body has some reaction, or so I think.

Ike: Still wouldn't it be better not to take the risk?

Hachiman: You said it was safe, so trust your knowledge, I think you still don't know the responsibility you have.

Ike: Huh?

Hachiman: Right now you are the one with the best weapon to pass this test.
I'm sure all classes would want someone who has your knowledge. So I'm counting on you. You are the most suitable for this desert island, besides I think I already told you I want to trust my classmates.

These words are not only to encourage Ike but also to increase credibility in front of everyone.

Hachiman: We just have to wait how my body reacts, for the moment we will continue dividing the work.

Horikita: Very well, how about if we make groups specialized in looking for wood for the campfire, another group for the search of food and another one in charge of setting up the tents.

Hachiman: That reminds me, it seems to me that we will have to use some points to buy a couple of tents.

Yousuke: That's right, we can't possibly use only two.

Hachiman: Ike, tell me in this river is there any chance of passing fish.

Ike: I see, that would help us cut down on the points we spend on food. I think so, since it looks like a freshwater spring several fish can pass through.

Kikyo: That's great, but how are we going to catch them?

Horikita: In the manual it says that there are fishing rods, they cost 1 point each.

Hachiman: That's good, I'll order them right away. Ike I would like you to lead the foraging group, that way we can avoid dangerous fruits and more people will know about them. The best option is that Horikita also accompanies you.

Horikita: I agree.

Hachiman: Yousuke, you will stay with the group to set up the tents, as it is a heavy job most of the guys will stay with you.