VOL 1 Chapter 5 Next Steps

Hachiman POV

I finish the entrance ceremony, nothing important came up in those moments, it was already around noon and I decide to go to the convenience store, there are different items but I decide to grab just some instant noodles.

Grabbing the stuff I head towards the cash register and see Ayanokouji and Horikita talking, I am a little relieved that at least they have contact, after all Ayanokouji will guide Horikita to be the class leader, which is convenient for me, I will try to help from the shadows, an Ayanokouji 2.0. but we will see depending on the situation.

I'm heading towards the cash register when I see the troublesome Sudo trying to pay, I seriously had to come across this event, well it's not that important so I'll give him a hand.

Sudo: I know it was over here.... Wait I know I have it somewhere.

Hachiman: what's wrong?

Sudo:I don't have the damn card, forget it's already money.

Hachiman: no problem, I'll buy you this time.

Sudo: Thanks man, you're in my class, you were actually pretty cool, anyway my name is Sudo Ken.

Hachiman: Hikigaya Hachiman, although I think you know that.

Sudo: Thanks Hikigaya, I owe you one.

With those words Sudo leaves the convenience store, I proceed to pay for mine, it's a little sad what i bought since Komachi always prepared me to eat, no, avoid depressing thoughts, I try to take my mind off being busy, but that doesn't stop me from missing my sister.
I leave the store, when I see Sudo arguing with the senpais, this event I knew was going to happen, but it's too late to take it back, so I decide to intercede.

Hachiman: Yo, Sudo

Sudo upon hearing me turns to see me and says hello.

Sudo: Yo, Hikigaya

Hachiman: What's wrong Sudo?

Sudo: These idiots think this post belongs to them, so I'm going to give them a good taste of fists.

Hachiman: easy Sudo, *whispering * watch carefully, there are several cameras set up around.*  And you Senpais are sure to continue harassing a first year boy?

Saying this the senpais stand on guard, and begin to say .

Senpai 1: Ahhh, what do you mean, you little shit, this post has always belonged to us.

Senpai 2: That's right, who do you think you are? Get out of here before you get hurt.

Senpai 3: Although if you leave us a good amount of points, we'll forget the whole thing.

Hachiman: You say that but it seems you won't notice the surveillance cameras.

After pointing out the cameras the senpai get scared and look around, they decide that the best option is to retreat

Senpai 2: tch, this time we'll let them eat.

Sudo: hey don't run away!

Sudo kept provoking them, so I decide to grab his shoulder.

Hachiman: Wait Sudo

Sudo: But...

Hachiman: Leave it it's not worth it.
I applied a little force to stop him, at times like this I'm glad that the me of this life has trained, in these situations it becomes quite useful. Sudo at my insistence drops the matter
Sudo: tch, it's ok.

I let go of his shoulder and let him go.
Hachiman: hey, Sudo let me go with you this time.

Sudo: Okay

Without saying more I open the instant noodles and start to eat them, I can see what Ayanokouji and Horikita come out of the convenience store, I pray that they go on their way, but my life is not so convenient, I see them approaching.They come to where we are and Horikita says.

Horikita: I see that you did not use the methods of the apes, you solved everything just with words.

Hachiman: It's normal, there's nothing intriguing about it, I guess we are in the same class, you are my neighbors.

Ayanokouji: That's right, my name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, nice to meet you.
My gaze goes from Ayanokouji to Horikita, without expecting much, knowing her it will be very difficult for her to introduce herself after all that Ayanokouji had to say for her to introduce herself, my expectations is that she will insult me and then ignore me.
Horikita: Horikita Suzune.

And my expectations fall again, this is wrong, there is only one reason for her to introduce herself, I am the object of her interest, ahhhh, with a mental sigh, I try to keep my face neutral and introduce myself.

Hachiman: Hikigaya Hachiman, nice to meet you.

Sudo: Sudo Ken

Sudo also introduces himself. After this a heavy atmosphere looms, none of the four of us are avid conversationalists, it's quite awkward, but Ayanokouji breaks the silence.

Ayanokouji: What was that about?
Sudo: Just a bunch of idiots thinking they're the best, Hikigaya scared them with a few words, you should have seen his face.

Hachiman: It's nothing, you just have to be careful when talking to others.
Horikita: that's putting it mildly, you know that your actions are also reflected in class.

Ohh no, Horikita has the ability to make people upset with a few words.

Sudo: haaaa, what about that?!

Hachiman: Calm down, can you imagine being suspended from school and a club for something that is not worth it because of a silly fight.

I emphasize the club, it's Sudo's weakness, basketball, if I make him back down, it may lead to a better conversation.

Hachiman: Speaking of which, Sudo, you have an athletic body, you can see from your uniform, are you planning to join one of the clubs?

Sudo: hell yes, I'm planning to join the basketball club.

Hachiman: ehhh, that's great, I want to see you play, you must be pretty skilled.
Sudo: thanks man, I can't consider myself the best, just a little better than average, so I'm looking to improve in this school.

Ayanokouji: You seem to have already decided on your admission, all the more reason you should avoid fighting, it's severely punished you know.

Sudo ponders what Ayanokouji just told him.

Sudo: Yes, I know, my short temper has been a problem since I was a kid, only during basketball my head stays pretty cool.

Ayanokouji: Then just think that you are on a basketball court.

This is unexpected Ayanokouji is giving Sudo a push, I can see that he saw through my intentions, as expected.

Never mind, it doesn't change the goal so I just have to play along.This way we can avoid various headaches in the future.Sudo surprisingly looks in deep thought, when he decides to open his mouth.

Sudo: You're right guys, I'll have to improve my temper, no promises though.

Ayanokouji: I guess it's okay for the moment like this.

Hachiman: I'd be more scared if the next day you don't have any expression like our friend here.

Ayanokouji: Are you insulting me or praising me?

Hachiman: I don't know, the line is too vague, so for the moment I'll say both.
Horikita who has been watching us all along silently just squints his eyes, waiting for the right moment to butcher his prey.

Sudo decides to leave, I hope this conversation will do some good with his attitude. When he leaves, he only leaves the three of us, finally Horikita decides to speak.

Horikita: I don't understand the point of all this, wasting your words with someone as inferior as him, it's illogical, in the end it will only create problems around him.

Since Ayanokouji helped me with Sudo, I'm not going to blow his cover, so I'll act like the smart guy this time.

Hachiman: Horikita, under normal circumstances I'd pass it to you, but Sudo has a great physical constitution, there may come a day when we have sporting events, so ideally we'd like to get him on our side.

Horikita: Even if it means that he is a time bomb.

Hachiman: The same could be said of you, Horikita.

Horikita: Excuse me? For your information I am much better than all of you, just conversing with you makes me feel more stupid, not only in grades but also athletically, there is none of you that can compare to me.

Hachiman: That's what I mean, I doubt you are the best in our class and much less in our year, that childish arrogance is going to cost you. Let me ask you something Horikita, after everything we said in class, do you think that advancing to class A can be achieved with just one person? If your answer is yes, then I can only tell you that you are an idiot.

I can see Horikita's complexion become furious, she tries to throw a slap towards me, but I stop her by grabbing her wrist, I know what I said was harsh, but I have to say it, if this makes Horikita reflect a little, it will be worth it after all class D will depend on her.

I let go of her wrist and looked at her calmly, in comparison she looks at me with fury.

Horikita: This is not going to stay like this.

With that said she leaves, leaving Ayanokouji and me alone.