VOL 2 Chapter 15 Stalker

Hachiman POV

How annoying, having someone know about my past is a burden I didn't expect, now I feel a bit of empathy towards Kikyo, and of all people it had to be Ryuuen, although in a way it's not strange since he has the look of a criminal, it still doesn't stop bothering me.

Facing the past is something we all have to do, of course I would face it too but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with my past, already the things that happened I can't change them no matter what I do, it's still still hard, but I'm just going to need time to digest it. A few days to be the same again. Or so I'd like to think.

I've tried to look as normal as possible, however those who know me well will say something is wrong, this facade is very poorly done, but I'm not one hundred percent mentally. On the bright side I don't have to deal with any more stress about the case of those two.

As I expected Ryuuen withdrew the complaint, so the matter is now settled, even though I was very arrogant planning everything, I was still nervous about all the results. Now there is only one important matter left to settle.

I'm sitting on one of the benches outside the school, it's a desolate place similar to the one I was in when I met Kiryuin -senpai, it's quite relaxed and allows me to reflect on everything that has happened.

That is until I get a call from Honami, asking me where I was, I gave her my location and she said she was on her way.

Maybe talking to someone else would help me not to get too deep in my thoughts, right? ........ Right?!

Still submerged in my thoughts, Honami arrives with two cans of drinks, one of coffee which is the one she passes to me and one of green tea for her. I would be afraid to drink it if it came from Horikita, although I don't think Honami has that personality.

Honami: How are you Hachiman-kun?

Hachiman: Normal, I guess. Why do you say that?

Honami: Well I've only brought you trouble. With the confession and the meeting with that guy.

It's true that from her point of view, it brought me trouble.

Hachiman: Don't worry, I told you no, the rumors died so there's not that much trouble, as for Seong, I think it was something unavoidable, I would be more worried if he had tried to hit you, the kind of guys like him have no scruples, and I was prepared, so I didn't get hurt.

Honami: You say that but you are very gloomy today.

Hachiman: I always have been, haven't I?

Honami: Yes you have been, but today it's more than usual.

Ouch, besides admitting I'm gloomy, he told me I'm even more so today, it's a low blow, although I'm used to them.

This is what I mean, the people closest to me have already picked up on what my attitude is like, so my mental shudder is very noticeable.

Hachiman: Don't worry about me, it's something quite separate from those events.

She is worried that the rumors have affected me, which they didn't and our meeting with Seong has caused some trauma.

However none of that is able to shake me.

Honami: Do you want to talk about it?

Hachiman: Not really, it's something very personal.

Honami: I see, I just want to tell you that if you need anything, I will always be there, after all you are my precious friend. I will listen to you when you are ready.