VOL 3 Chapter 8 Exercise

At least Koenji did what I asked him to do, it's really hard to tie that guy up, with this map I can get extra points.

While I'm talking to Yousuke, Kikyo approaches.

Kikyo: Hachiman-kun, Hirata-kun.

Yousuke: Kushida-san how did it go with your group?

A little uncomfortable she scratches her cheek.

Kikyo: Well, I'd say it went well.

Hachiman: You don't sound very convinced.

Kikyo: Not really, Yamauchi -kun became sometimes very pushy and made the girls a little uncomfortable.

Yousuke: Maybe he's too enthusiastic.

Hachiman: Or a pervert without a cause.

Yousuke: It doesn't sound very good the way you put it.

Hachiman: It was obviously intended that way.

Kikyo is watching us nervously, she couldn't speak her true thoughts in public, so she's trying to say it in a friendly way. But for that kind of person it's hard to make it work.

As we talk the food gathering group arrives. When I see them arrive I almost jump up to give them a big hug, because they don't come empty-handed. They arrive with various food items.

From corn, plants and coconuts, various vegetables. That way the food consumption will decrease quite a bit which leads to a decrease in point expenses.

Horikita approaches the three, I think I have done my part in setting up camp.
Now it will be in the hands of these three.

Horikita: I see that we were the last group to arrive.

Hachiman: Right, I think it's time for me to get going.

Yousuke: Now that we have time, you can tell us what you have in mind.

Hachiman: I guess there is no mystery step this time, I will tell you. You know that the points we have are to spend, we are clear on that, but what about the additional rules.

Horikita: Guessing the leader of each class?

Hachiman: The other one.

They show confused looks, until Kikyo with doubts answers.

Kikyo: You mean the occupation of the places.

Hachiman: Exactly.

Yousuke: Why?

Kikyo: If the point reward is too little.

Hachiman: If you look at one site, it is, it's a pretty low reward, but what about the other sites, how about if we take over five or six sites a day, it would be six points, and if we claim them over the period of time, you can double or triple the number of points.

Horikita: You are right, but that just means that one would have to travel long distances daily.

Hachiman: I know.

I start doing warm up exercises, now that I think about it my physique has degenerated quite a bit, after that event I stopped exercising, it was a careless action, still, my stamina is above average, it's time to stretch my legs a bit.

Seeing that I start to warm up, everyone's expression twists in a second, it seems that they already caught my intention.

Yousuke: Hachiman-kun, don't tell me you're planning to go around the island looking for places.

Hachiman: Tin tin tin tin, that's right, that's why I thought of being the leader. This way I can move quickly.

Horikita: It's very reckless what you're doing.

Kikyō: I agree with Horikita-san, we can't risk you getting lost in the forest.

Hachiman: Don't worry, this is why I had Koenji go around the island first marking the places where the boards were.

Horikita: I was already surprised that Koenji-kun was so cooperative, you had something to do behind the scenes.

Hachiman: You flatter me.

Kikyo: I don't think it was a compliment.

Hachiman: Anyway, consider this a real test of leadership without me, I don't think I have the strength to deal with the class after every expedition.

Yousuke: In short, we are responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly in the class.

Hachiman: Right, right now I'm going to pass on to the lonely fellow who likes to wander in the forest. If you need something urgent to tell me, Horikita is the only one to talk to me, if you two do it, it would draw too much attention.

Kikyo: We understand, you're not going to intervene in any of the situations that come our way.

Hachiman: I have to get into the role of unfriendly away from everyone, it's an extra precaution, but it's not wrong to take it.

I finish warming up, it's time to start the exploration.

Hachiman: I'll tell you again, I'm not going to get involved with the class, if the situation is really bad, I'll take a spoonful but in my own way, from now on it's up to you.