VOL 2 Chapter 6 Rumors

Hachiman POV

Finish talking to Honami and we parted I went straight to my room, seriously what a troublesome days, but I guess it's the most awkward event for the moment, now I just have to concentrate on D class.

It's the next day, when I enter the classroom I feel several stares coming towards me, but I decide to ignore them, until Ken and Akito approach my seat.

Ken grabs my head with his arm.

Ken: Damn bastard, I didn't know you had so much courage, although I'm upset that you didn't tell us.

Akito: He's right, maybe we would have given you some advice.

Really rumors fly too fast, what the hell, it was only one day. For all my colleagues to know it spread too fast.

Hachiman: Do you have any experience with that?

Ken: Huh? Well, no, but maybe it would have helped a little.

Akito: I can't deny it either, relationships are also foreign ground for me.

Hachiman: Then it would have been useless.

Both: Fuck you.

We make fun of each other. Until Akito asks.

Akito: How did it go?

Hachiman: Terrible, I was rejected.

It's hard to look like I'm fine but at the same time depressed but in reality I'm fine.

What a farce, but I think it was the most efficient decision, I just have to deal with the hallway gossip and then I'll fall into oblivion, it's pretty simple and my face is not that well known so it's a thumbs up.
As I'm talking to Akito and Ken, the pair of idiots approach.

Yamauchi: Relax Hikigaya, I know you feel bad for not being able to keep up with us, everything will come in time.

It would be good advice if it weren't for the arrogant tone he has, I thought he made annoying people easy but this guy does it unintentionally, it's truly amazing.

Ike: I really have to applaud you Hikigaya, proposing to the second most popular girl in the first year, you've got some balls.

Hachiman: Thank you?

I'm being congratulated because I was rejected, really, can't these bastards be more considerate? I was rejected, they shouldn't...... I don't know, give me encouragement.

Hachiman: Enough about me, what about you?

I decide to forcibly change the subject, luckily they follow me.

Ike: ahhhhh, Kinoshita-chan said to go to one at Keyaki after school.

Yamauchi: That's right, also Manabe-chan said I could bring friends, so I invited Hondou and Sotomura, so they will see the pain of being so popular.

Yamauchi says with an ecstatic expression, it makes me want to punch his face, but he just gave me a pretty useful piece of information, so I'll forgive him this once.

Ken: Hey, is it okay to take other guys on a double date?

Shut up, Ken. Don't make them think.

Yamauchi: We're just going for coffee, so they won't put up much of a problem if there's more of us.

Ike: Yeah, yeah, who knows? We might even form a friendly relationship with the D-Class.

Ha, I doubt it, if it wasn't because I don't want them to suspect me, I would have laughed in their faces.