1. THE DREAM JOB

"Shrinking in a corner,
pressed into the wall;
do they know I'm present,
am I here at all?

Is there a written rule book,
that tells you how to be—
all the right things to talk about—
that everyone has but me?

Slowly I am withering—
a flowered deprived of sun;
longing to belong to—
somewhere or someone."

****************************

Tiara

"Do I look good baby? Honey? Look here. Does this colour look good on me?" My friend has rolled his eyes so many times today that I feel it's going to permanently go back into his head if he does it one more time. I hold back my grin when Fiona asked the hundredth times today if she looks presentable? "YES! Fiona. You look fabulous darling. I have told you already. Can we go now please? Tiara's bakery opening is today, if you remember. And do I have to remind you that without her, the ceremony will not happen? Now come on. I'm loosing my patience here." Said Garald throwing his hands in the air irritatingly.

Fiona pouted at me but gave up. One last look at the mirror and she turned around. "Yes my love, I know and that's why I'm trying to look perfect for the first impression." She said, going towards her bed and picking up her golden purse that matches her yellow dress and smirked at both of us. She must have seen our bored faces and huffed. "Uhhh fine. You both have no sense of fashion. Let's go!" She said scoffing at her husband and dragged me out of her room towards the main door.

"Fucking finally." muttered Garald who was tagging behind us towards his car. "Did you say something?" Said Fiona, halting in her mid walk and glaring at her husband. "Absolutely not, my love. Do I have a death wish?" He said, gulping. "I was just admiring your ass. It looks hot as fuck by the way. Makes me..." he hissed. I blocked my hearing by closing my virgin ears. "Aaa..aaa...aaaa...La..LA.. la" Bless my ears. "Guys!! Stop it please. My ears are about to bleed. Take your porn reel somewhere else." I fake glared at the cute couple in front of me.

They both looked at each other then me and blushed a shade of red and got inside the car in a hurry, avoiding my eyes. I shaked my head at their childish behavior that I never get bored off, let me tell you. Garald started the car and kissed his wife's hand who was on his right and gave each other the sweetest smile that can give you diabetics and drived on to our 20 minites ride to our destination, my dream job. My parents dream. The bakery.

Gerald and Fiona are my only friends and family after my real one passed away in an unfortunate event. The pain never goes away but my two angels never fail to cheer me up. Sometimes I love them to death and sometimes I envy them so much. They have something I always dreamed of. A relationship with unconditional love. A love so magical, you just can't stop making heart eyes on them. Garald and Fiona are my only friends since childhood. Garald and my brother were best friends when...well when he was alive. Garald still treats me as his little sister and he found out few years back that Fiona my best friend who is also a human like me, is his mate.

Well you might wonder what kind of supernatural being is Garald. Well he is a Naga. Desendence of Barsilic. They are very loyal and loving beings...untill they are not. They are very trustworthy friends to keep around but one should definitely think twice before going on their bad side. They are known for never failing to take their revenges. After the Invasion almost 100 years back from the Supernatural beings on our "realm" as they say it, we were exposed to every mythical creature we have ever heard or read in books. Let alone it be big foot. Werewolves or garden fairies. But not everyone is as friendly as my friend here.