34. DECISION TIME

"You never know how strong
you are, until being strong
is the only choice
you have."

*********************

Tiara

Before I go on the tour, I had few things to do. Matters that has been occupying my mind since last few days. First, I had to visit my family's Graves and spend some quality time with them, like I always do before my every achievement or big step. Secondly and more importantly, the hardest decision I ever made. It's time, I give away my most priced possession. I know, it's going to be hard, but I have already made my mind. Sometimes, even if it pains to do the most difficult task, we know deep down that it's the right thing to do.

"You sure about this Tiara?" Asked Gerald. "Yes. I am. I have been thinking. And then I realized, the way my life has turned out, the life I'm now living, there is no way, I could spend enough time in here. So, I have decided to transfer it's ownership to you, so that, you care take care of it, in my absence. And you can't deny it, because as the God mother for my future nephew, it's my right to spoil him rotten." I said, smiling at his frowning face. "Think again Tiara. I'm sure.." I cut him mid sentence. " I'm very sure, you and Fiona are the only people, who knows, how important this shop is for me. I can't trust anyone else, Gerald." I said, making him give up finally.

"Fine. Where do I sign?" He said, taking the pen from my Royal advisor and signed, where his signature were required. Then he turned to me. "Know this Tiara. I'm just taking care of your dream. It was yours and it will always be yours." He said, squeezing my shoulder. "Where's Fiona?" I asked. He sighed. "Maybe hiding in a corner and crying, because you're leaving." He chuckled. I shaked my head and went upstairs towards her bedroom. I could hear her sniffing. Stupid girl. I knocked at her door.

"Who's it?" She asked annoyed. "I laughed softly. "It's me kitty cat. Open up." I said, and waited for her to open the door. After few seconds the door clicked and she let me in. "Why are you bawling your eyes out?" I said, making her glare at me. "I'm just hormonal, I guess" she said, in a timid voice. "I'll miss you too?" I said, making her look at me, then the waterworks started all over again. "How could you do this to me? You're leaving me, when I needed you the most? What kind of friend you're? " she cried. I sighed, pulling her into a hug. "It just for a month. I'll be back, before you even know it." I tried.

"Can I trust you to look after my shop and not eat away all the delights?" She gasped and pouted. "It's not me, I swear. It's your nephew. He wants to eat all the sweeties that his aunt makes." She said, patting her now formed, little bump, innocently. For shifters, the pregnancy are different. Fiona would be giving birth when she completes her 3 months into the pregnancy. Amazing right? Atleast, she doesn't have to carry it for 9 months. I don't know, how dragon's pregnancy works? A sudden image of me carrying my mate's children, made me smile.

"What got you all smiley. I'm sure, you're picturing yourself being pregnant, right?" Teased Fiona. "No, I wasn't." I tried to deny and failed. "Don't lie to me. I know you better than you know yourself. Anyways. I thought, as you have 5 very potent mates always digging into you, you would be the one announcing your pregnancy first?" Then she looked down at my tummy. "Or maybe, you already are?" She narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously. "Shut up. I'm not pregnant. If I was, Nyx would have warned me. Right Nyx?" I confirmed with the Fierce bird. No. unfortunately not yet, keeper.

"No. I'm not." I smiled at her. "Damn. The way, your men are all over you all the time, it's not far. Mark my words." She smirked. "I have other responsibilities Fiona. We can't think about kids right now." I said, shrugging it off. "Sure! Tell that to your mates, because shifter males are different than human. They don't sit quite untill you carry their offspring, reason why they rush you to complete the mating. Once mated, everytime you're fertile, they fuck you senseless, to make sure you carry their babies. Don't underestimate them." Her warning scared me a little. I mean, it's not that, I don't like kids. It's just that..it's too soon.