5. THE INVITATION

"IT HURTS WHEN YOU'RE BEING IGNORED BY THE PERSON WHOSE ATTENTION IS THE ONLY THING YOU WANT IN THE WORLD."

****************************

Tiara

Today's event still fresh in mind, I tried pushing my day hard. But no matter how I distract myself, so that I don't recall my encounter with Kenneth this morning. His face keeps coming back when I blink, not letting me concentrate anywhere. I wish I can just go home and sleep it over. There is nothing a good sleep can't fix but I'm afraid, if I go home now, I might find Kenneth waiting for me at my doorsteps or worse...in my bedroom. He's a Dragon. The strongest of the supernaturals. It's not a big deal for him to push a weak Helen aside and make himself at home untill I'm back.

I groaned, with the possibilities. How should I get rid of him? If I didn't own this Bakery, I would have fled somewhere for few years but, that possibility is out of the picture anyway. I don't know how to avoid his advances. Then a thought hit me. Why should I be the one running away like I'm the guilty one? No, if he's determined enough to face me even after his betrayal to me, I would stand my ground to fight him back too. That's is. It's final then. I'll not let him effect me anymore. Enough is enough. I'm not a coward.

With that thought in mind, I welcomed my next customer with a smiling face. Time passed and it was almost the closing time. We had as many customers as yesterday. I was happy the business was going good. We had the 3rd batch of  cookies and pastries put on display this evening. Although I wanted to close it soon today, I was really energized with the flock of customers, mostly kids who wanted my home bakes cookies. And I couldn't see her almost crying face when the last few pieces of cookies were packed for the customer before her family arrived.

So I promised to keep it ready if they come back few hours later. So here she is giggling and walking away happily with her mom and little brother making my heart swell with pride. "Shall I order something or we're eating at home?" Asked Gerald. "No I told Helen we'll eat at home. She's expacting us for dinner." For the past 2 weeks, we have been eating out because of the last minute shopping and renovating of the shop. So Helen strictly demands us to eat the breakfast and dinner at home, which I couldn't deny.

"Ok cool. Let me close up then. Are you done with the billing?" He asked, going toward the entrance. "Yes..." Before he could tilt the sign board to CLOSE, he stilled and opened the door for some customers. I guess we're not done yet? Three very striking and tall ladies with everything screems expansive, walked inside with authority.  They signaled their 4 'bodyguards' to wait outside. I gave them my usual business smile. "Sorry, our billing is closed for today." I said, preying I didn't offend them in anyway.

"Oh it absolutely fine. We can pay cash." Said a lady with a genuine smile. "Sure then. Please take a look. Everything is freshly baked out of the oven." I said, pointing her to the items on display. They nodded their heads and started inspecting everything on display.  "Who are they?" Fiona wishpered in my ears, startling me. "God Fiona?! You scared me." She gave me an apologetic smile. "Gerald said we are done. Are they the last customers?" She asked. "HOPE so." I said, stepping forward to assist the ladies. "Anything to your likings?" I asked politely. Their head turned at once. "Actually it's very different to choose. Can you pack everything?" Said, one of them making my eyes go wide.

"Ev...every...thing?" I asked not believing what I just heard. Thay all nod, like it's not a big deal. "Sure...um it's going to take some time to pack. Would you like to wait or would you like us to deliver them to you?" I asked still shocked that they are burying every single thing. "No. We'll wait. Our guards would help." Before I could protest, one of the ladies, who looked a little reserved then the others called for her men and the four waiting outside came in. Sensing some kind of danger, Gerald came out from inside, and stood beside his mate with a protective stance.