26. DIRTY LOVER

"YES, I HAVE A DIRTY MIND
AND RIGHT NOW YOU'RE RUNNING THROUGH IT... NAKED."

**************

Kaiden 🔞

I couldn't sleep yesterday night. Tiara's tears filled eyes when she stood there helplessly begging for us all to see through her, was haunting me. Even without being completely mated with her, I can still feel her pain. Just imagine how my mated brothers must me feeling? Actually I give a damn what they think. I wanted to run behind her when she left all of us speechless, after her and Drake's outburst but, my brothers asked me to leave her alone for a while. A while turned into hours and hours turned into an entire night. She didn't even look our ways, when finally I saw her early in the morning at the entrance.

My brothers and me didn't approach her either, afraid she might break down infront of everyone after what happened yesterday. Kenneth decided to take a risk and travel with her. We're in constant mind link and he told us, she didn't even speak a word to him nor asked for anything. She was in depression. My beast wanted to roar in rage. I wish I could take her pain away. But who was more effected by all of it was Drake. That idiot was taking it hard. He was not even meeting our eyes, taking the blame completely on himself. I tried to explain it to him. We're not some week shifter. We're fucking Royal Dragons. Nothing can touch our mate untill one of us is still breathing but no, his worried ass was over reacting, resulting the disaster that occurred.

I'm not sure when things will go back to normal between these two but, I'm not sitting my damn ass here and waiting for all these drama to get over. As soon as we're settled in the camp, my sole purpose is to protect my mate and make sure that fucking smile on her face is back. I'm sorry said Sophia, who was riding on my back. For what? I asked through our mind link. She came to you guys because I asked her to convince you all, so that I can tag along. She said and I sighed. We knew she was about to ask something in your favor. It's not your fault. Drake was in a foul mood and one thing turned into other, they argued and shit happened. I assured her.

Why were you so hell bound to come join us anyways? I need to know. Can you keep a secret? She asked, after few seconds. Depends. Was my only answer. I found my mate. I Almost lost it, making her yelp. "Kaiden!!?" She panicked. Sorry. I said, laughing. Who's that loser and what is you finding your mate has anything to do with you coming with us? I can't believe she found her mate. He's not a loser! I chuckled  he's a warrior in our army. She said proudly. And I didn't want him to die down there without even claming me. Her voice became sad. I wanted to tell you guys but he was afraid that you might ask him to stay back, for my sake.

I'm impressed. So, he's a Dragon shifter? I asked. NO. He's a Barsilic. She said, shyly. Cool. So when are you planning to tell the others? I asked.  If he survives this war Kaiden... Do you think, we can win? I can't answer to that question. Let's hope for the best sis. Let's hope the best. And just like that both of us were drowned in our own thoughts. Me, my brothers and the few of our warriors who followed us, landed on the camp site few hours ahead of the others. Perks of flying. I waited patiently for Kenneth to arrive with my mate, while we searched and scouted the entire area for any potential threat, before setting the camp. Few warriors went hunting and cooked before the others arrived while me and my brothers waited for another team from the south to join us, who were posted here few months back.