8. THE ARRANGEMENTS

"I believe that your tragedies,
your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened FOR you not To you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open because
the world needs you open."

********************

Tiara

Time. I needed time. I know I was not ready to move on yet. It has been said, 'time heals all wounds'. I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. Trust me it's never gone. "Miss Ballona?" Asked the delivery guy. "Yes, that's me." I said, looking at him. "Please sign here." As I did, he handed me a bouquet of red roses and left. I watched it with a blank expression and put it aside like every other day. Some day it's Roses, some day lily's and some day daisies. I don't take them with me. They stay here, and next day, gets dumped in the trash bag. Then It's all over again, the next day and the next day for the last 2 weeks.

"Wow! You got yourself some admirer." Said the middle age lady in front of me, impressed by the roses. I gave her a half smile, which didn't reach my eyes. "Yeah.." What else should I say? "This man is trying real hard to woo you. Does the stranger has a name?" I shrugged again, dismissing her. "I have been married for 15 years. I don't remember my husband sending me flowers ever. Maybe if I ask." I blink, not knowing where this woman is going with the conversation. "What I meant is, when someone really wants you to feel special about yourself, they give you flowers, gifts and make sure you're spoiled rotten."

"This man really loves you. Every time I come here, I see those bouquet sitting there, but not him. Not that it's my business dear, but either he's afraid of your rejection or he's begging for your forgiveness. Either way, I think, you should give him a chance." She said, walking away, smiling. "Again?" Said Fiona, walking into the shop, with lots of bags in hands. "Here. Let me help you." I said, taking some of the bags and completely ignoring her question in the process.

"Did you get everything? I asked, checking the bags. "Yes. Your highness." She mocked, making me chuckle. "Can I have some lemon zest pastries?" She asked, rushing towards the glass counter. "What is with you and tangy flavors now a days?" I asked, curious. She shrugged. "I just want to." She said, taking one of the pastries and ran inside the pantry to eat. I rolled my eyes at her childish behavior and went back to my work. It was almost closing time when Gerald came back with a frawn on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. He huffed and went inside muttering something about uninvited guest. Just on queue, the front glass door opened and in came Drake with all his royal glory. "What are you doing here?" I asked, looking everywhere but his eyes. He was wearing a teal green 3 piece suit and hair neatly put up in a sexy bun. It would be a lie if I say, I didn't drool a little. Get a grip Tiara! He smiled when our eyes met finally. "Hey little mate." I wanted to roll my eyes at his pet names but, didn't want to give him any reaction so I held back. "Hi?"

He took a stool and sat on it. Even while sitting, he was taller than me. Damn with them and their heights. "May I take you for dinner after you close?" He asked with a panty dropping smile. I opened and closed my mouth, not knowing how to say no to his kind face. "I..actually..." Before I could come up with a lie, he stopped me. "And before you come up with a reason to deny my invitation, I know that you're free after this. I spoke with Gerald already. He said, I can take you if you're willing." That traiter.

"Please?...it's just dinner. " He said hopefully. I wishpered a OK so low, I'm not sure he heard it. "Cool. I'll wait in my car." I guess he heard it judging by his excitement. Then he passed me a box. "No offense but you can't come there is your jumper." He chuckled, walking away, leaving my mouth open. "Did he just...Do I look that ugly?" Then I opened the box and my eyeballs almost popped out of my socket. Where in heavens is he taking me to? I pulled the dress out to have a good look and almost fainted. Did he really think, I'll wear it for just a simple dinner? But again, I don't know where he was taking me. I sighed defeatedly, regret agreeing to go out with him.