Chapter 6

[ Park Moondae's POV ] 

I'm not sure why I said those words to Seungmin.

Cross that. 

I do. 

It's because I know he'll die if he doesn't debut, though he himself doesn't seem to know this.

And that makes me worry.

According to him, he had no interest in the idol world before he heard me singing at the karaoke.

Even if he walked here with his own two feet, this wasn't supposed to happen. And now, there was a strange twist of fate that triggers him to die if he doesn't debut. I put him in a box and, if I don't watch over him, I won't know if he'll come out of this dead or alive.

Basically, he was a Schrodinger that only I knew of.

And I felt responsible for it.

I shut my mouth after drinking water, realizing I talked more than necessary. Luckily, there weren't any main cameras following us at the moment, and the cameras at the corners of the ceilings wouldn't catch my words.

It would be a problem if I was caught warning him about evil editing by the program's editors who do it.

Seungmin looked at me as he cocked his head. But when I said nothing else, he went on to drink the water I gave him. I think he knew what was going on because he glanced up at the cameras.

This punk was more cautious than I thought.

Also, we've only roomed together for a few days, but I could tell he wasn't the type of person to talk that much without knowing the consequences. Actually, that bickering with Choi Wongil before was probably the first time I heard him say so much in one standing.

More and more people were trickling in after their lessons finished to socialize and take a break, so our silence wasn't awkward.

"Oh, Moondae and Seungmin!" I heard a familiar voice and kept a straight face. Lee Sejin B sauntered toward us with a smile.

"Sejin hyungnim," Seungmin greeted back.

I also waved my hand.

I've only said hi to Lee Sejin a couple of times, but he decided to drop formalities with me when he realized I was speaking casually to Ahyun, who's the same age as us. I don't know when he decided we were close enough to do so.

"Wow, Seungmin, I never noticed because we're always sitting when we're together, but you're pretty tall!"

I glanced at Seungmin at Sejin's words. It was true that he was taller than me despite being a year younger, but Sejin was much taller.

The black-haired boy simply chuckled. Compared to Sejin, he was also a quiet type like me.

The one-sided conversation continued like this, and at some point, Ahyun joined us. We had dinner together before parting ways to practice our respective needs. Ahyun continued to follow me around, but I became grateful for this when he would help me with the dance.

Anyways, nothing out of the ordinary happened over the next couple of days.

And finally, it was time for the long-awaited ranking evaluation.

Everyone was sitting in the waiting room, and the staff were walking around to make sure everything was set. To the left of me, Ahyun was twiddling with his fingers nervously. To my right, Seungmin was staring at the sky, blankly.

Just how do I always end up squished between them?

"Moondae hyung, there's no ceiling," Seungmin said, still staring up.