Chapter 58

[ Cho Seungmin's POV ]

The next day, we all sat around in a meeting room with a computer at the center of the table.

"My ears hurt," Cha Eugene whined after listening to all the demo songs about 20 times.

Almost everyone muttered in agreement except for Kim Raebin. We listened to the songs the A&R team prepared for us for several hours. Even my ears hurt.

"We've listened enough to remember what each sounds like," I muttered, resting my chin on my palm. I didn't want to waste more time. "Let's just vote now."

"Then starting with number one," Chungwoo hyung nodded.

Everyone raised their hands to the songs they liked.

I found a trend.

Ahyun and Chungwoo hyungs preferred the medium tempo songs.

Raebin and Eugene liked rhythmic and strong bass songs.

Keun Sejin hyung liked the ones that sounded like any popular k-pop song B made me memorize.

Lee Sejin hyung only picked one. He wasn't sure.

And Moondae hyung chose the song I didn't get bored of listening to many times.

It was a song that was quicker than the songs Ahyun and Chungwoo hyung chose, softer than what Raebin and Eugene chose, and more unique than what Keun Sejin hyung chose.

"It seems like hyung has a good ear. Number 7 is the most perfect," Kim Raebin exclaimed with shining eyes. He had also chosen that song.

"Hey, Raebin, are you saying this hyung's ear is bad then?" Keun Sejin hyung teased.

"N-no, that's not what I meant-"

"Then track two and seven are pretty tied. Let's focus on these two songs for now," Chungwoo hyung said, clapping his hands to get our attention.

Number two was the R&B song he and Ahyun hyung chose.

I heard the door open and saw the manager walk in.

"Hey, the content production team wants to meet with you guys."

Everyone got up from around the table and moved to another room for the next meeting.

"We selected a title track for your debut!" the leader of the production team said.

They talked about its background and began to play it.

I closed my eyes and listened.

"It's not bad. It's from....disco genre, I think."

"How is it? Do you guys like it?"

"...Yes," Moondae hyung answered with the others. But his eyebrows were furrowed.

"Great! Let's move on and talk about the worldview a little more then," the production team said. "We were thinking about the concept of a baseball club..."

They were hesitant to say that the retro concept they wanted was rejected yesterday evening and the director wanted the baseball club concept.

"The director wants a worldview similar to cartoon movies like sports, so, um, it became baseball."

Referencing the concepts Moondae hyung thought of and the songs they were for, I assumed that a disco song and a baseball club weren't going to be successful.

"TeSTAR is fine. The company will keep me from making money," I deduced.

Sighing, I rested my head against Moondae hyungs. It would have been better if he could've been the director instead.

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐈𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 ―𝐝.𝐨.𝐝जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें