Chapter 56

[ Cho Seungmin's POV ]

"There's something here," I noted as I pointed to the note on the first bathroom door.

We were walking through the rooms together as a group. I didn't like that there were cameras everywhere. It felt like another round of Idol Inc. after passing.

"I'll read it," Raebin volunteered. "Wait, hyung, what happened to your hand?"

Everyone looked at my outreached hand. The burn mark from my father's cigar was still there. It faded a lot, and I thought bandages would make it more visible. I didn't think someone would notice.

"Oh, I made a mistake while breakdancing. I'm more curious about the card," I smiled.

"Yeah! It's a mission!" Eugene shouted.

Pressured by the sparkles in Eugene's eyes, Raebin took the card and read out loud, "TeSTAR's first mini-game! The subject is choosing a room!"

"You sounded the same as the MC," Keun Sejin hyung shuddered jokingly.

"Y-yeah," Ahyun hyung agreed.

Everyone became solemn again with the PTSD of Idol Inc., but the game went on. We picked paper notes from a box in an order that was determined through several board games.

"This also has a strange sense of deja vu..."

"I know right..."

Moondae hyung ignored the mood and put his hand in the box after winning.

He picked number 1. That was the room with only two beds.

The games continued, and eventually, everyone pulled a card. The child actor was last.

He picked room 1.

But no one had anything to say to someone they weren't close to.

Keun Sejin hyung filled the potential awkward silence with his light words.

"Oh~ Moondae and Sejin hyung got the double room," he remarked.

"Both of them are the introverted types, so I think they'll get along well," Ryu Chungwoo added with a polite smile.

Moondae hyung looked satisfied.

Anyway, room 2 consisted of Kim Raebin, Seon Ahyun, and Cha Eugene. Room 3 had Keun Sejin, Ryu Chungwoo, and me.

"The room's bigger!" Cha Eugene boasted.

"P-please take care of me." Seon Ahyun became flustered.

"I look forward to your kind cooperation," Kim Raebin responded. They began another greeting battle while Cha Eugene went off into his own world.

Meanwhile, Chungwoo hyung looked relieved. I think it's because he hasn't gotten close to anyone else except for me. And Keun Sejin hyung has a friendly personality.

"Seungmin, let's room well together," Chungwoo hyung said, patting my shoulder.

I nodded my head.

"Yes, let's all get along," Keun Sejin hyung smiled widely.

Everyone went into their respective rooms to unpack.

I didn't have many things. The apartment was actually close to my own apartment, so if I needed anything, I could easily go back. 

I left my work equipment there and only brought some clothes, a charger, and a small dagger just in case. 

And my bike. 

I changed the nameplate to a legal one in case fans would recognize the old name plate from the video from the doll-mask banner ad viewing.

After unpacking, we gathered back in the living room.