Chapter 29

a/n: erm, so i'm a bit confused again hdshdshds moondae talks about episode 6, but there's no mention of episode 5. So i'm just gonna say this is episode 5 and carry on...honestly the numbers are so messed up in the manga/novel, like they would keep changing how many participants are left in like one recording session fshhhhh (sound of my braincells leaving me). that's my rant for now

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

On another day, I went out with Sejin and Ahyun to see our banner ads at Hongdae. Being a more popular station exit, there was a bigger crowd than when I went to see my billboard with Seungmin.

And on the evening I went to Hongdae, episode 5 of Idol Inc. was released.

Honestly, I was just planning on checking the responses of the episode in general, but that damn liquidation issue was brought up out of the blue. The reactions to that were burying everything else.

The announcement of stock liquidations: now shareholders can sell other participants' stocks, lowering their ranking.

In the previous timeline, too, the liquidation was a huge issue. Even a civil service examinee like me knew about it, after all.

Anyway, with my current popularity, I don't think I'll be eliminated even if a few of my stocks are sold. I was more worried about the fans of 'Park Moondae' than myself--I hope they're not getting too stressed out from this.

Many were trying to stay positive and support each other by fighting off the aggro. The liquidation was an excuse for others to openly hate participants and troll around negatively.

I sighed and tried to look for opinions of the rest of the episode.

Frankly, there wasn't much footage of me in this episode, so there wasn't a lot for people to talk about other than the liquidation. Our performance would be shown in episode 6, so the only footage of me was when I was picked by Kim Raebin.

When I continued to monitor, I realized that a lot of the fans of the other teammates didn't have a good opinion of me.

- Why did Rae1bin choose the two non-trainees? He really sucks at politics...

- Ah...Gommeo gives me bad vibes. How is he on the same team as my national athlete? I'm so worried.

- Gommeo, get away from Cha Eugene and just die.

Comments like that became common during my scroll.

But even with such malicious comments, I couldn't help but cross my arms and smile. I wondered how public opinion would change after seeing the next episode. Our stage was definitely good, and there was a limit to how badly they could edit it if they chose to edit badly in the first place.

As I was thinking, my phone vibrated twice.

Kim Raebin: How are you, hyung? This is participant Kim Raebin. I'm writing with regard to a question I'd like to pose.

Kim Raebin: Cha Eugene and I are planning to go see the banner ads that our fans posted in Gangnam tomorrow. I was wondering if hyung would also like to come.

I didn't realize there was a banner at the Gangnam station as well; Gangnam is notorious for its expensive nature.

Regretfully, the timing wasn't good. Right now, being seen in public with Raebin and Eugene would only pose a problem for me.

Park Moondae: It'll be difficult because I have work to do. Let's go at another time.

Kim Raebin: Yes, then...I'll be in touch.
< I can't even explain this blingee* LMAO just look below>