Chapter 47

a/n: in the novel it says no one figured them out (while going around banners) until later, but they were caught right away in the manhwa so im following that! also the novel says its masks but they wear full on suits so

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ Cho Seugmin's POV ]

"Stop," I said, pausing the speaker. "Heesung, your leg's in the wrong position."

I got up from the ground and demonstrated what he did vs what it should have been.

After creating a rough choreography with Ahyun hyung, I was teaching it to our team. Ahyun hyung and I would switch turns doing this so we could also practice for team synchronization.

"Sorry!" Heesung panted. His light-blue hair stuck to his face from his sweat.

"It's okay. That part is fast," I smiled as I sat back down. "Pull your weight forward before you move so it's easier to step."

Heesung is someone from October 31. I've never talked to him before, but he was nice. He was the youngest out of us all. I recognized him from the few Idol Inc. episodes I watched.

Oh, I never watched episodes unless I was with others. Another episode should have aired yesterday. I forgot the number.*

*a/n: pfft this is me trying to excuse my lack of understanding of the episode airings

The practice continued under my guidance, and then Moondae hyung said we could return to the dorm.

After showering, I came out of the bathroom and sat on my bed. Those who showered before me were already falling asleep.

I put on my glasses and took out the light.

"Here," I signed toward the hide-out in the mountain.

"B," the response came. "Public opinions are good. I can't believe you met Cheongryeo."

"Specifically?" I asked.

"VTIC fans are asking about moon because his answers perfectly matched Cheongryu. You and moon were the only ones that matched. You missed one."

"And the rankings?"

"You shot up because the article. The reveal of you at Vivian is cute to some people. Instead of a scary delinquent with no interest in debuting, your character changed to a model student who innocently likes to dance and garden. I didn't know your lack of pop culture would come in handy. Gap moe. So people bought a lot of your stocks."

"Why did moon drop?"

"Fans were lazy. They're going mad buying banner ads now. He should rank high next time."

"Ok. Out," I ended the conversation and slipped into bed.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After a week of practice, we were given an unexpected 2-day break. There were some maintenance problems.

There were 10 days before the final, and there were 3 days until the next broadcast. It would be a live talk show with the remaining participants. I needed to tell B so she could explain what a talk show is.

"Is Moondae living at Seungmin's house again?" Sejin hyung asked curiously as we walked out of the building.

"No," Moondae hyung replied.

He looked tired. It would be better if he could rest at my place instead of his sketchy room.

"Hyung, you can stay," I smiled. "But I'm going home by bike today, so..."