Chapter 48

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

After taking a shower and changing out of my clothes, I felt refreshed. The security in my apartment was also better--the security guard was replaced with a new person who looked like he could fight a bear--so I felt more at ease.

I sat on the bed and read through the new group chat.

[ Keun Sejin: I saw the news ㅋㅋㅋ everyone did a good job except for Eugene! ]

[ Cha Eugene: :-( ]

[ Kim Raebin: Why did you talk while wearing the costume? ]

[ Cha Eugene: I didn't know... ]

I went on the internet and looked it up, stifling a laugh. There was a video of Cha Eugene shouting thank you and getting caught at once. He was running away at the end of the video.

I ignored the other messages as I continued to monitor. Fortunately, they were all very lighthearted, so I was satisfied.

When pictures of us in animal costumes first started circulating, people thought it was a joke between fans.

- This is so cute. I hope fans don't fight and get along like this ㅠㅠ

- Lets debut together!

- That's such a cute idea

Then when Cha Eugene was exposed and participants took off their masks one by one, people were shocked and joked about wishing they interacted more.

- I went to Jamsil station yesterday arggg Moondae ㅠㅠ If this noona had known, I would have camped there today...

- Crazy. I got a head pat by the Cho Seungmin. Crazy. I'm not washing my hair again

- I gave a photo to Raebin!!! I really handed him a photo uwaaa I love you!

- Cho Seungmin can ride a motorbike. That's crazy hot

I scrolled through a little more and saw a video of Seungmin taking his mask off. 

"That bastard didn't sweat at all in that heavy mask. What the heck," I thought bitterly, thinking about how humid and sweaty I got in the end.

I rewatched the video as I drank a sip of cold water.

He was smiling as he teasingly put a finger to his lips and drove off.

"...Not bad."

He definitely knew how to give fanservice. I suspected his charm stat was on par with Cha Eugene's.

I scrolled through a bit more. People were wondering if it was filming for the program, but when a review came out from the doll mask rental place, people became happier knowing we did it on our own accord.

- Awww Moondae chose the puppy mask himself...ㅠㅠ

It was a bit embarrassing, but it was tolerable because it felt good to know people liked it so much.

I shut off my phone and laid in bed.

I wondered if I should eat, but I ended up falling asleep before I knew it.

I slept until noon the next day, and then I did light exercises and ate well.

It was a fruitful break.

And then, the next morning at dawn, I headed to the set to prepare for the live broadcast talk.

When I entered, Seungmin was there talking with Ryu Chungwoo. I checked his status out of habit, and it was at 30%. It was about the same as it was during our last practice.