Chapter 40

a/n: ...so maybe you guys wont like me saying this, but ive hit 100 chapters for this in drafts. but i'm still gonna go with this updating schedule in case i end up in a block for a while. but just know that the romance in this is pretty slow. like theres still very little at 100 chapters too......I do want to add romance. i mean i feel like it's p obvious from the reader's POV that min really likes moon...i just dont know how to write a relationship into a group yk...what r ur opinions? (i very much want it to be like woosan ehehe)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

As soon as those words left Seungmin's mouth, he seemed a little surprised by himself. He paused for a split second before he resumed picking up a piece of meat.

"It's fine. They've been caught, so they won't be able to come back today," I answered.

Seungmin shook his head.

"The security of the apartment is weak. Even if not them, your address has already been exposed in a stalking circle. You should just stay somewhere else until the next filming."

Ahyun's parents began to agree with the youngest one's words, and in the end, I couldn't find a reason to refuse him.

"It won't bother your parents?" I had asked.

"I live alone," he smiled.

With the recent topic of 'Park Moondae' not having parents, no one could say anything. So, the conversation was dropped with the understanding that I would go home with him.

Ahyun's parents sent us off with lots of safety tips before finally driving away.

"I'll s-see you later!" Ahyun waved.

Seungmin then led me through a strange alleyway.

"I'm worried about the stalkers," he explained without turning back.

Understandingly, I walked silently with him until we reached a large building. It looked like a 5-star hotel. When we walked into the wide reception hall, there was a man in a tailored suit who bowed.

Seungmin placed a finger to his lips, and the man bowed again. Then we went into a clean elevator and up to the second last floor.

When we entered his apartment, I stood at the doorway, stunned.

I couldn't even call it an apartment. It was an entire penthouse. As soon as you walked in, you could see the night view of the city because of the wall windows. There was a simple living room arrangement, and when you turned to the side, there was a kitchen.

And the ceiling was tall. There were stairs leading up to a balcony-type room, where I could see a bed.

"Hyung, you can put your bag over there," Seungmin said, pointing to the living room. "You can do your laundry too. Do you have a clean set of pajamas for tonight?"

I shook my head hesitantly.

"Okay, you can wear some of mine then. Let's go upstairs."

I followed him wordlessly up the glass stairs and to the balcony room. It was larger than it looked from the first floor. There was a small hallway that led to a big bathroom on one side and a walk-in wardrobe on the other.

I waited in the hall until he came out of the wardrobe with some silk clothes.

"You can shower first," he smiled. "The towels are all clean."

"...Thanks," I managed to mutter amidst my shock.

I showered quickly in his strange bathtub and dried myself off in front of the mirror. The clothes...they were a bit on the bigger side. I ended up folding up the leg sleeves before walking out and down the stairs.