Chapter 11

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

Ah, Seungmin ended up in the other group.

"No~ Seungminnie ended up on the other side!" Lee Sejin B cried out in an exaggerated way.

I really wanted to hit him, but the cameras were rolling.

Beside me, Ahyun also seemed upset. He was fretting, but then he pumped his fists and said, "I-I think our group is good!"

I couldn't hold the same enthusiasm. Not with Choi Wongil and the child actor being on our team.

"Since we both have the same name, why don't we use nicknames?" the gold-graded Lee Sejin suggested as we gathered together. "Since you're an actor, what about actor Sejin?"

"Oh, and you can be Keun* Sejin!" one of the gold members added cheerfully.

*Keun means big in korean

The others were in a good mood until the child actor scowled.

"I'll just use my name."

"..."

Luckily, the MC cut in before it got worse.

"Alright everyone, have you greeted your new teammates? This time, choose a representative to press the button again!"

After finding our group, we chose a song based on a roulette of songs from the agency. It looked like our opposing team was already discussing. Seungmin's eyes swiftly skimmed over his group members until he made eye contact with Ryu Chungwoo. The two of them started talking as the others huddled around them.

The rest of their members were in a good mood because of the song they got: <Tiger> by VTIC, which was the title track of that famous boy group that earned a Daesang.*

*Daesang: a grand prize awarded to the best song/group. basically the highest award you can get in kpop

Meanwhile, we ended up with a girl group song about fairies.

Again, the mood darkened.

Really, will this team make it?

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was night.

Our team was in shambles trying to find positives about the song we received. I could only let out a sigh when I was alone in the cafeteria to get some water in case it shattered the little good feelings they had. Everyone else was in our team dorm room trying to get some rest after a long day of learning the choreography.

"Moondae hyung," a familiar voice said softly. I turned to see Seungmin walking closer. He had a towel around his neck, and his sleek, obsidian hair was dripping from his shower.

"Are you here for water?" I asked as I took out a cup. He nodded and took it from my hand. He poured some water into it before putting in a tea bag.

I didn't know you could put tea bags in cold water too. Or, was he too tired to wait for water to boil?

We sat across from each other at a table and drank silently.

Water droplets kept falling from Seungmin's hair. But he reverted to his blank state where it doesn't seem like he notices anything. I used to think it was creepy at first, but I got used to it after living in the same room for 10 days in the previous evaluation.

"Seungmin, your hair is dripping," I told him.

"...Ah."

Suddenly, a pop-up screen appeared.