Chapter 63

a/n: guys, kendrick's diss has made me make a diss that minmin will be using in the future...future as in like chapter 120 LMFAO bruh I'm wondering if i should just bomb yall with chapters because I'm excited to tell u things I'm writing rn but its like 60 chapters ahead bahaha

but nah I'll be patient bc i know if i do that ill go on like a two month hiatus 

 ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

Ryu Chungwoo and Keun Sejin, who I thought would join immediately, were nowhere to be seen. I closed the door and sat on my bed.

Seungmin was lounging on the shared desk.

I wished I could drink before dealing with this, but there was no way there'd be any alcohol in the dorm of an idol group that was just about to debut.

Pitying this, I sighed, "Hyung, you know that you're going to have an interview with the company sooner or later, right? It's not a situation that can be avoided just by coming into the room."

Under the pressure of Seungmin's gaze, Lee Sejin finally spoke.

"...I don't know."

"What is it that you don't know?" I asked.

"What I want to do..."

"...? Isn't it too late to worry about your career now?"

"Do you want to go back to your former agency and continue acting?"

"...I don't want to go back."

"But you want to still act."

"...Isn't that obvious?" Lee Sejin sighed painfully as he buried his face in his palms. "I never thought about becoming an idol in the first place..."

I clicked my tongue.

"I guess you participated in Idol Inc. because of your former agency."

"That's right...I took a long break from acting, so the agency wanted me to do it before I came back..."

"..."

"You were trying awfully hard for someone who doesn't want to debut," Seungmin said nonchalantly.

Agreeing, I checked Lee Sejin's status window. His dance stat, which started at grade F, had risen to D+. That wasn't the growth of someone who didn't have any interest in dancing or being an idol.

 I had a rough idea of his situation.

"It turned out to be fun for you," I observed.

Seeing the stunned look on his face, I assumed I was right.

"It was fun, so you worked harder without realizing it," I continued.

"It felt good being on stage," Lee Sejin muttered after a while. "I thought I wanted to continue, but I also want to continue acting..."

"...? Do it."

I wasn't sure why he was worrying about something like that.

"In a couple of months or years," I explained, "the agency will probably insert individual activities. You could keep being an idol and do some acting in the future. Or if you want, you could just not renew your contract in five years and go back to acting only."

Lee Sejin lowered his head with a bitter smile.

"I can't. You don't know what my former agency is like. Dream K...if I stay here, I don't know what will explode out of their resentment."