Chapter 20

a/n: honestly, this part of the timeline was really confusing. An episode is supposed to air every week on Friday night. Moondae decides to dye his hair blonde before the 4th episode comes out (which is the PR live bts and ranking results), but he says he has a month break to do so (so other participants won't think his sudden visual change is weird). But he decides to dye his hair after episode 3 airs? And his hair is blonde in the ranking results clips? And they don't talk about recording the ranking results between that time? So I have no idea when that takes place

THUS, I have decided that episode 4 will air on time in this ff. The month break is fake. They will record the ranking results early in the morning on Friday, and the editors will supposedly grind and get the episode out that same day.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

A week had passed since I sent a message to Seungmin.

And still, there was radio silence. His Cakaotalk activity said he hasn't been online since he added Ahyun, Sejin, and me on the app.

I was beginning to get anxious about his animosity meter; I haven't been able to check it for the past week because I couldn't get a hold of him.

Could it have reached 100% after seeing the editing direction of the 3rd episode?

"No, Seungmin doesn't seem like the type to care about that. He doesn't get angry at things directed toward himself. But maybe..."

I went on the internet and searched 'Seumgim*' with a hardened expression.

*'승민' is 'Seungmin.' Changing '승' (Seung) to '슴' (Seum) and turning '민' (Min) upside down to get '김' (gim) results in '슴김' which means 'hiding.' So it's like a secret name for people to write hate for

Changing a name like this and writing hate was a standard in the entertainment world. Even I had lots of hate comments written under the name 'Gommeo' by using that same kind of technique to change 'Moondae.'

- Seumgim, please quit. Your eyes are so slit, it's obvious you're not full Korean. Get off my nation's show

- Seumgim ㅅㅂ* just shoot some nudes and get on with it

*basically means 'fuck'

- That seumgim doesn't even rap that well compared to others. Why are his stocks rising?

- Seumgim hasn't been scouted yet for a reason. I bet he's a bully. Just look at his eyes

- Seumgim needs to go hide before I find his house and trash it

As expected, there were a lot of hate comments with Cha Eugene as their profile picture. It made sense--they both were rappers who could dance well or be center. Their positions clashed.

Suppressing a sigh, I got off the bus and walked into the TNET building. I gave my phone to the production team at the entrance and went to the set.

We were recording the ranking announcements of the first performance as well as going on to the next team performance. On the stage where the auditions were held, there were foldable chairs where participants were waiting.

"Oh, Moondae, here!" I heard Keun Sejin shout. "Oh my gosh, your hair is blonde! Did you go to the salon I mentioned? You look good, man!"

I walked up to him and greeted the October 31 members that were already gathered, and they also complimented my new hairstyle. I was glad I asked for a good salon. Now the increase in my visuals could be explained by my hair change, not the points I invested into it last night.