Chapter 30

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

One thing led to another, and now Seungmin and I were on our way to my house. He even showered and changed at the gym with clothes he brought, that punk. Was he prepared for this?

When we were almost at the drab alley leading to my apartment room, I glanced at Seungmin. He was skimming the area with only his eyes until they stopped at something.

"Moondae hyung, there's a convenience store," he said, unbothered by how sketchy everything looked. "Is there anything you'd like to eat?"

"Some beer," I thought, but I just shook my head.

"Hmm, do you drink? I was going to buy some beer* and ramen if you're fine with that."

*Legal drinking age is 19 in Korea, so Seungmin can drink

"...In that case, sure."

He smiled and nodded again before disappearing into the store. It didn't take long for him to come out with two cases of beer and a bag filled with instant food. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw the amount he was carrying and quickly took the bag from him.

"I wasn't sure if you drink Cxss or Txrra, so I bought both."

"So he did the same for ramen because he didn't know which I like?"

I bit my lip to prevent myself from saying anything about his strange logic.

In the end, we made it to my room with enough food and drinks to feed a large family reunion.

"Sorry," I started to say when I looked around, "there's not much here, but make yourself at home."

He doesn't seem like the type of person to ever step foot into such a shabby place like my apartment. But he said nothing and sat down easily in front of the TV. I felt a little awkward.

"Um, do you drink Cxss?" I asked from my kitchen.

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Okay," he smiled. "Then I'll drink the Txrra."

Suddenly, he was right behind me at the kitchen counter. I almost jumped out of my skin because I didn't hear him come.

"I'll help make the ramen. Which do you like?" he muttered, rummaging through the bag I set on the floor. There was also the triangle kimbap I ate in the PR live.

We ended up boiling ramen together and taking the bowls, beers, and kimbap to the table he set up in front of the TV.

"Thank you for this food," he said before taking a bite of the kimbap. He nodded his head as if he approved of it.

Meanwhile, I turned on the TV. We were right in time. I cracked open the beer and took a large gulp.

Being in a top-ranked group, Seungmin and I would only appear in the end, so most of the first half was watched in silence; there wasn't any particularly conspicuously friendly or hostile editing.

It was only in the middle of the second half when things started picking up pace.

A black screen with the words [ One week ago. ] took over the screen before Gigantic's stage began.

Then it flashed to Choi Wongil crying during an interview.

I sat there, stunned, as the sobbing echoed in the room. Beside me, Seungmin stifled a laugh. He was already on this third beer. I guess even he can loosen up with some alcohol in his system.

The TV moved on to show Wongil's rude and uncooperative actions he'd done so far, including going back to the first team match. The part that was snipped out of the previous episodes of Wongil instigating a fight with me appeared.