Chapter 16

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

The first episode aired, finally.

The general public opinion of me was pretty good.

However, the character the producers edited me to be was soulless. Those bastards really emphasized the curtness of my answers and the lack of facial expressions when I danced.

Somehow, people found that to be cute. They dubbed me as someone who puts in their all despite the odds.

I guess choosing a song like <POPCON> was a good choice.

I scratched my cheek, embarrassed that I was accepting this.

The only problem was that there was almost no middle ground in opinions: people either thought I was cute or an attention-seeker.

A negative image that has already been created is unavoidable, but this could also be used as an advantage if done correctly.

There's just something I need to do, which is going against the expectations of the producers so they can't edit me only as an apathetic character. For example, what would happen if a seemingly antisocial contestant turned out to be quite friendly? There's a high chance that viewers will be more charmed by the new side of me.

The only issue I have right now is the fact that others were poking fun at me.

"Moondae, moondae!" Sejin grinned.

"Moondae, moondae!" Ha Iljoon also called out.

As soon as I gave them my attention, they both struck <POPCON> poses in an overly cutesy manner.

I wanted to disappear.

"What are you guys doing...?" I asked bluntly.

Snickering, Keun Sejin remarked, "We're welcoming the hero of the first episode, Park Moondae! You're already so popular. Everyone loves you!"

"You've got both the humor and skills down!" Gold 1 chirped in.

As the two continued to make fun of me, I saw Seungmin enter the conference room and swiftly walked over.

"Ah!" Sejin exclaimed, pointing to me, "Don't hide behind your dongsaeng*!"

*a person younger than you. you only really call this to people you're close to

Seungmin, confused with the sudden bombardment, did his typical head tilt. But his hair was a little messy and his eyes were darker than usual.

I decided to check his status page just in case.

[ Name: Cho Seungmin ]
Vocal: ? (Rapping: ?)
Dance: ?
Visual: B+
Charm: ?
Characteristics: On the spot! (active)
!Status abnormality: Sealed truths & Debut or die!
Animosity progress: 43%

"...!"

He wasn't in a good mood at all. His animosity was already almost halfway through, and his visual stat was revealed, meaning he felt under pressure to look normal.

"Come on, Min, don't tell me you don't know how iconic Moondae is on the internet right now?" Sejin asked while heaving his shoulders, oblivious to how frustrated Seungmin was internally.

"...I don't have social media," the younger boy answered. He rubbed his eye tiredly.

"Oh, I forgot you only have a few apps on your phone," Sejin murmured. "Well- oh, hi Ahyun!"

Right as Ahyun trotted toward us, the MC went up on the stage.

"Hello everyone! I'm sure most of you know what we'll be doing today..."