Chapter 51

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

Obviously, because I missed many critical hours of practice, I was behind on a few things the next day.

For one, the booming success of the program inflated the producers' egos, so they blatantly added a second theme song for us to do on the final performance day.

I had to memorize it as soon as I could. Seungmin, who also missed that day stuck to me like glue, somehow did it without any problem.

There was something different about him.

It was like he was trying harder.

"Did he discover that something will happen if he doesn't debut?" I had wondered.

And this wasn't even considering the strange fact that he had his phone that night and called someone to fix something. I had a vague idea that was asking to fix the camera that Ahyun realized was broken the next morning. But I felt like there was more to it.

Asking him straightforward if he played a part in the miracle of an article wasn't the way to go. I even considered asking if he knew of 'Park Moondae' before I was swapped in.

But I decided I would just have to be grateful to him for comforting me that night for now.

Because I didn't have time to ponder it any longer.

As the leader, I had to confirm the lyrics, communicate the team's ideas to the producers, and make sure that we were all doing well.

Out of everything, I was most worried about Lee Sejin A's attitude, but he remained quiet even when he received small parts and struggled with the dancing.

And then, the day of the last filming began.

It was held at the concert hall of a famous university, and nearly 3,000 spectators crowded inside. The judges were greeted with cheers as they sat in the front. There were also multiple MCs that entered to reduce the fatigue of having to narrate a 3-hour live broadcast.

In the darkness, all twenty of us stood on stage. Judge Youngrin's voice boomed.

"Idol Inc. Thank you to everyone who has been with us on the long journey of the last 12* episodes!"

*I gave up with the numbers...I'll just go with what's written now ㅠㅠ The stuff considered now is the 13th episode.

"What's left is one decision to form a group. Shareholders, have you made up your minds?"

Screams of yes' and no's echoed here and there.

"Then let me introduce the participants...Do you have their stocks?"

As the lights finally fell onto the stage, there was an overflow of cheers and screams.

"Please invest now!"

The second theme song began to play.

With Cha Eugene at the center, we danced and sang together in synchronization.

Despite not knowing the song, the audience's response was tremendous. Their shouts persisted until the end.

"I don't even know what I did."

I was so focused on trying not to make a mistake because I learned it so last minute. I couldn't even look at the audience well. They all looked like holograms.

"This doesn't feel real."

But I was forced back to my senses, busy running around and changing into my team costume to match the time under the stage.