Chapter 23

[ Park Moondae's POV ]

In the practice room, all of us sat in a circle. Ryu Chungwoo had a piece of paper in one hand in a pen in the other.

"So, let's first discuss the general theme of our performance. Personally, I think it'll be best if we do a cheer concept, especially because this song is used as a fight song. What do you guys think?"

"Cheerleading?" Cha Eugene restated as if in thought. "Well, a new experience is always nice."

[ Name: Cha Eugene ]
Vocals: C+ (B+) (Rapping: B)
Dance: A+ (S+)
Visuals: A (S)
Charm: A+ (EX)
Characteristics: Black Hole (A)

Seriously, those triple-A stats are scary. His charm grade was even higher than the judges.

While I thought about my own charm stat, others piped in with agreeing comments.

"Hmm," Chungwoo muttered, twirling his pen. "Some of you haven't said anything. What do you think, Sejin?"

Lee Sejin (A) flinched beside me.

"Um, I think a cheering squad might look a little tacky," he answered honestly.

His uncooperative attitude hasn't been highlighted on TV yet, but if he kept it up while on the same team as Chungwoo who's consistently been edited well, it might not end up nicely for him.

Anyways, Chungwoo didn't seem agitated. He just asked back calmly, "Do you have any other suggestions?"

"No...that's why I didn't voice my opinion."

Next, Chungwoo asked for Raebin's opinion, but apparently, he wasn't even familiar with the song yet.

We decided to listen to the song with a smart pad provided to us before making a decision.

Seungmin, who also didn't know the song, closed his eyes and held his head high as if he were absorbing the music. Because of this, he didn't see the grim expressions of the other members.

Ryu Chungwoo put his hand on his face in deep thought.

"For starters, the key is incredibly high," he mumbled. "Seungmin, what do you think?"

Seungmin finally brought his head back down and looked at the leader.

"It only feels...youthful. If we lower the key, it won't have a concept anymore," he remarked in his lull voice.

"Do you have a different idea then?"

He shook his head with a small smile.

He wasn't the only one who realized the problem. Beside Chungwoo, Raebin had his elbows on his knees and his face cupped in his hands, thinking hard.

"Raebin, were you able to get the general picture? I'm asking because you're best at rearranging songs out of all of us." the leader noted.

"Yeah, it's like Seungmin hyung said. It's a nice song, but...I don't think it'll be easy to rearrange..."

Chungwoo nodded his head and continued, "What else is tricky about it?"

Kim Raebin took a deep breath as if he were going to pour out words, but then he glanced at the cameras and shut his mouth. It seemed he was paying attention because he was beaten up over a personality controversy in the last team match that aired.

"...Nevermind," he muttered with his head drooped. "I'm open to any ideas."

Chungwoo jotted some notes.

"Alright then, lastly, what did you think of the song, Moondae?"

It was finally my turn.

"I think there's something we need to decide before we talk about rearrangements," I stated, "and that's deciding which part each person's gonna take. We should begin practicing this song ASAP."