Chapter 43

The Second Life Idols Lucky Plan – Chapter 43

After selecting the contest songs, the first thing we did after sitting in a circle was analyze our chosen songs and write down a plan.

Looking at the lyrics given by the staff, I once again thought of the song's original concept for this contest.

The song for this contest, Same And Different, is is a mix of refreshing and dazed overall.

It was a song that gave off a dreamy feeling through the string bass along with a classical harmonious beat. The rhythm of the song speeds up in places, the atmosphere reverses in a dramatic form, and it was also a song with multiple choruses.

As such, it was easy to distinguish between parts that could be saved and parts that could be discarded, and the distribution of parts per position was fair, making it a good song for a contest.

However, the concept change would be a bit tricky.

"Would it be better to keep the fairy concept as it is?"

...Because this song was heavy on concept.

'Even when the fairy concept was first released, public opinion was divided.'

At the time, Orchid promoted the atmosphere of harmless and unstable boys.

As it was in the early stages of their debut, the members were young, so the concept itself didn't feel out of place, but on the other hand, there was a limit that could be done at that age. There was also a reaction from the public saying that fairies went too far for male idols.

'But the subject matter is good.'

I stared at the lyric sheet. Although it is hidden by the fairy concept, the theme itself expressed along with the lyrics were quite good.

-Woo~~~ A word said by an unfamiliar gaze

-To the illusion of looking in a mirror

-The feeling of being pushed into another world

-Looks like me, another me

- Intense doubt seduces me

-Make it impossible to hide

Even within the big theme of fairies, what Orchid chose was another self, or 'Changeling.'

///PRD: In European folklore, a changeling is a deformed or imbecilic offspring of fairies or elves substituted by them surreptitiously for a human infant. According to legend, the abducted human children are given to the devil or used to strengthen fairy stock.///

'Another self... Depending on how you tell it, I think it could be a pretty compelling story.'

I thought so and read the lyrics again. The lyrics were also structured to match the concept, so it seemed a little tricky, but once I set a direction, it seemed like a pretty decent result would come out.

Do Jihyeok was the first to speak about the lyrics and concept.

"Doesn't changeling mean a child of a fairy and a human would be reversed so that the fairy would grow up in the human world and the human would grow up in the fairy world?"

"That's right. Same And Different is about two selves who have been through such confusion, come to know their true selves, and eventually heal each other."