3

Three

It felt amazing getting out of the shower right into a freshly made bed. My laptop on my lap playing scream 2 whilst I was eating cold grapes. A dream. The sun was already starting to set, making the view from my bedroom even more beautiful. Quickly snapping a picture, a saw a notification from an unknown number coming in.

Wherg youu at, hian?;?

Furrowing my eyebrows, I clicked on the message and waited for some clarification. It luckily came only a few seconds later because whoever was texting me right now was probably drunk.

thiid is chris btw

A small laugh escaped my lips but was interrupted by a loud scream coming through my headphones. "Fucking hell." I shut the laptop and sat up straight before taking another green grape.

what's up

safe me pleaqse

???

*location*

i swear to god chris, if this is your way of kidnapping me, I'm murdering your ass.

I jumped off my bed, taking the plastic box with only a few grapes left with me. I had already changed into my robe which meant I was ready to go to sleep. That was another perk of living alone, I could just take off the robe and go to bed naked. It's not like anyone would burst into my bedroom other than maybe firefighters. But if that happens, being naked would be the least of my problems. I placed the grapes into the nearly empty fridge, I closed it behind myself. After Chris and Josh had left, I went grocery shopping to get the much needed essentials, including a pan and pot. Essentials, meaning bread, grapes, bananas, a milk carton and a large package of cereals. If I needed anything else, I got two healthy legs to go to the shop across the street.

I changed into a pair of sweats after ordering an uber. I just had to go pick up Chris, who's probably drunk right now. It shouldn't take longer than an hour to get him into an Uber and back to his house. 'You're Uber has arrived' I swiped the notification away and quickly put on a pair of shoes before grabbing my keys. Calling the elevator, I texted Chris and walked inside the metal box before pressing the button for the ground floor.

I'm on my way. Stay put.

Thankyuu

Shaking my head, I left the elevator and walked outside the building. The sky has turned from a bright blue into a deep orange and red. It's rare to see this kind of sky in the city, that much I knew. I already saw the car standing on the side of the road and leaned over to see the the driver. ''Joan?'' I nodded and got on the backseat. I couldn't even put on my seatbelt before he started speeding down the road right into the heart of London. It was a Saturday night, so the streets were already filled with drunk people or the once planning on getting drunk. I saw a group, carrying one of their friends who was able to walk a straight line. It seemed sad but as soon as I saw the guys face, I had to grin. He was laughing. Probably just tired.

We drove past big ben, right over a bridge and deeper into the city. I looked at my phone to see if Chris has texted me but was met by no notification. Not knowing if he was the kind of person that would get drunk every night, I couldn't help but worry a little for the man I've only met a couple of hours prior.

The car stopped in front of a pub which was filled with people. A couple of tables stood in front of it and from inside the car I could already see Chris sitting on one of the chairs with a group around the table. I furrowed my eyebrows, not knowing why neither of them could've taken him home. The fact that the person he texted was someone he barely knew, made me feel anxieous. Were the people even his friends? Why would neither one of them take care of him? I muttered a small thank you whilst getting out of the car and walking up to the table. ''Joan!'' I turned to the side and saw Josh walking through the door with his arm full of pints. ''Josh, hi.'' He passed my, placing the beer on the table whilst Chris somehow managed to get off his chair and wrap his arms around me. I tried to hug him back but he soon pulled away again. ''So, what the fuck is going on?'' Josh laughed and pointed at the beer. ''You drinking?'' I shrugged whilst he took a chair from the neighbouring table and placing it at the head of the groups table. ''Sit, sit.''