28

twenty-eight

''No, no, please.'' I whimpered whilst the rollercoaster made its way up to the top. My hands were wrapped around the handle in front of me, showing my heartbeat. Harry was sitting next to me, laughing like the two times before this one. Much to Harry's pleasure, we finally managed to get seats in the front row after the boys in front of us recognized him. ''You're scaring the kids.'' Harry managed to say between his laughs. ''I don't fucking care!'' Feeling his hand wrapped around my wrist, I noticed my heart rate going down. ''I promise we're getting food after this.'' I nodded, staring at the drop in front of me. ''We better do, because if not I'm going to.'' I was interrupted by the rollercoaster falling down, making me scream at the top pf my lungs.

Looking to the side, I saw Harry laughing but screaming as well. The wind was blowing against my skin, and I already knew that I'd look like a mess after getting off this ride. A few seconds after the drop, I calmed down and stopped screaming. Even though I've been on this ride many times before, it always scared me the first few seconds. ''I hate you!'' I shouted at the man next to me, who made me go on this ride so many times. ''I love you too.'' He shouted back, which made my heart drop a little. Both of us stopped making any sounds. The ride got to an abrupt stop not much later and I turned my head to face him. We looked messy, maybe because of the roller coaster or because of what Harry had just said. ''I, sorry. You know what I mean. Not like love love, you know, for fucks sake.'' He muttered whilst we got off the ride.

We took our bags and walked outside the building. ''Yeah, no, I know what you mean, don't worry about it.'' He gave me an awkward smile. ''Let's just get some food, I'm starving.'' I quickly changed the subject, walking in front of him right up to my favourite food stand. ''Hey, so, about the gig this weekend.'' Harry said whilst sitting down in front of me. I looked up from my food and nodded. ''What about it?'' He took a sip of his beer. ''We're filming this lie detector video Saturday morning. You could come to my place and stay the night so we can go to the set together and head downtown for the gig later on.'' I smiled. ''Sure, let's do it.''

We managed to ignore whatever Harry has said on the rollercoaster and enjoyed the rest of the day. After going on a few more rides, I took him through the Nordic part of the park and got stopped by Harry. ''You want a dog?'' I furrowed my eyebrows and saw what he was pointing at. ''There's no way you're actually winning one of those.'' We were in front of a few stands with games. ''Are you sure about that?'' I rolled my eyes whilst Harry took out his wallet and walked up to the stand. ''Three balls, please.'' The man behind the counter took the money before handing him the balls.

''If you hit all the cans, you'll get the big prize.'' I stood next to Harry, watching as he threw the first ball at the cans in front of him, hitting only one of the six. But the next throw was making it interesting. Hitting four cans, he was left with two. ''I'll actually give you a blowie if you win.'' I whispered into his ear. A small grin appeared on his face before he threw the last ball, hitting the remaining cans. ''Wow, well done.'' The man said, taking one of the dogs before handing it to Harry. He turned around, smiling. ''A win is a win.'' Putting it on his shoulders, I watched Harry strutting in front of me. ''Ready to go?'' He stopped to look at me standing a few feet behind him. ''You suck.'' He shrugged. ''Well, about that.'' I scoffed before putting my arm around his. We made our way back to the exit. I ordered an Uber to take us to the Airport earlier this morning.