47

fourty-seven

@joandumaire

liked by theburntchip, arthurtv and 402,849 others

joandumaire: scary?

*comments restricted*

calfreezy: my costume was better.

chrismd10: that's hot. real hot.

freyanightingale: OH MY GOD JOAN

taliamar: you're LOVE in person

tobjizzl: ❤️❤️

The music was blasting and I already felt bad for whoever's neighbours were living next door. Harry didn't tell me who's Halloween party this was, I wasn't too sure that he knew either. Harry had his hand on my lower back, softly pushing me towards the front door of the house. "For real, who's place is this?" I looked at Harry, who had placed the scream mask on top of his head. A few strains of his messy hair were peaking out from beneath the black scarf. "Chris'." He gave me a small smile which disappeared as soon as he saw me staring at him. "What?"

I couldn't help myself but to pull him down by his neck. My eyes flickered from his eyes down to his lips, taking in the moment for a second before kissing him. I could feel him smile into the kiss, pulling me closer. His hand was gripping my neck softly. "Wow." We moved apart, taking a step to the side. Chris stood in front of us, in the doorframe, with a big grin on his lips. "Nice to see you two made up." Scratching the back of my head, Harry walked past me and Chris, entering the house. "You coming, love?" The light of the hallway made him look even majestic than he already was. "Yeah, just a second." Nodding with a smile, Harry took a few steps inside. I followed after him but was stopped by a hand around my wrist. "You coming, love?" Rolling my eyes at Chris' bad impression of Harry, I gave him a small grin before speeding up and wrapping my arms around Harry's.

"Joan!" I was separated from Harry just seconds later as both of us were being dragged away by our friends. As Talia pulled me along, I spun my head around to see Harry looking at me, being dragged towards a bar. "I'll find you later!" Was the last thing I could hear him shout before the music, talking and laughter took over. "You're so hot." My attention was brought back to my friends and I saw Faith, Talia and Freya all staring at me. "What?" They started laughing, Faith pushing a drink in my hands.

"Ironic, innit? You coming as love?" Grinning at the familiar voice, I raised my eyebrows before Chip appeared next to us. "And you're a cook? That actually is scary." He as well rolled his eyes before wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Missed your ironie." I smiled. "Missed your rat face. Talking about that, why's your misses the rat? Not really fair." We started laughing before drifting into a conversation.

At first, I was afraid that things might have changed after everything that had happened, but no one even mentioned Harry and my breakup. We just kept on talking about everything that was happening, besides our love lives. "Heard you're flying down under?" I nodded, downing my third drink. "Yeah, I got a shoot in New Zeland." That reminded me of my boyfriend who was wandering around, probably already beyond peppered. "Who's going down on who?" Spinning my head around, I saw Ethan wrapping his arm around Faith shoulders before placing a kiss on her head. "Still hung up on the charity bet?" The group started getting bigger and we continued cracking jokes about everyone.

"Sorry, hey, I'm back." His husky voice along the breath against my neck made me shiver. "Don't worry." I took a quick glimpse to the side and saw Harry staring at me. His hair was messy and he had gotten rid of the mask but looked even better without it. "Where's the mask?" He chuckled, taking a quick sip whilst looking around. "Had to keep it safe for later." I felt my heart drop a little. "Good." I've send him many tiktoks of men wearing scream masks. I guess he got what I was talking about.

"Can you two quit the dirty talk and take shots with us?" Harry and I looked in front of us to see at least six people staring at us, each with two shot glasses in their hands. "Yeah, sorry, sorry." Harry muttered in a low voice, leaning forward to grab to shots, handing me both, before taking his. "I love you two, but please, my bedroom is off limits." Chris said, already slurring. "Were planning on fucking in the kitchen any ways." I quickly said before downing both of the shots and shaking my head. The burning liquor made me gag a little but I caught myself in just a few seconds. "Let's dance."

The music was now even louder than before as I wrapped my arm around Freya and the two of us were moving our bodys to the beat. I was drunk, which meant my sense of shame was lower than it usually was. Me and the girls were singing along the lyrics, having the time of our lives.

And slowly but surely, the house got emptier, leaving only the closes friends in the end. We were now all dancing, someone always going to get a drink for the rest as soon as the other one was empty. This lead to us being even more drunk than we were. Everyone stumbling besides Tobi, JJ, Chip and Cal. "You know, you look mise-mistera- for fucks sake." I slurred, trying to insult Cal. "You look gone." He laughed, making me do it as well. There was something about his laugh that made me join in each time. "I'm just tired." He quickly looked around before nodding. "I'll take care of it." Thankful, I watched him
leave the room before I walked up to the nearest couch and sat down on it.

"Joan? Babe?" My eyes slowly opened up and I could see Harry in front of me with a soft smile. "Let's go to bed, aight?" I nodded, lifting my arms, just now noticing Cal and Chris. "Heeey!" The two of them laughed, Cal being the only one that seemed like he would remember this tomorrow. "Alright, fuck it." Before I could comprehend what was happening, Harry pulled me up on my feet, throwing me over his shoulder not much later. "Oi, Boggo with the arms!" Chris cheered, making me clap along whilst staring at the mans back I was on. "It's hot, innit? Told him. He's one handsome man. My handsome man." I slapped Harrys ass before letting my arms hang low. "Yeah, that's going to be a great story for your next birthday."

Lifting my head I saw Cal with his phone in his hands, a big grin on his face. "I'm just being honest! Harry's attractive. Even without the gym-bod. Oh, I love his dad-bod." Cal smiled, putting his phone in his pocket. "Dad?" I nodded. "He's great around kids. Would make a good dad." I muttered, dropping my head against Harry's lower back. "Just don't tell him, alright?" Lifting my pinky with all the strength I had left, I made Cal promise not to tell Harry what I have just said about him, quite literally behind his back. But in the moment being too drunk to realise, I smiled at the touch of Cal's pinky wrapped around mine. "Sure, Joan. I promise."