44

fourty-four

Stairs were not only my biggest nightmare wearing normal shoes but running them up in high heels was another level of torture. I looked out of place. Not only because I was running through the airport whilst everyone else was calm but also because I was still in the outfit I was wearing at the award show. Feeling everyone's eyes on me, I let out a reliefed sigh as I finally stopped in front of the security check. Thanks to the heels I was able to look over some of the peoples heads in front of me. No Harry. I took my phone whilst walking up to the guard, dialling Harry's number. "Ticket?"

I lifted my head to see the man giving me a weird look. "Oh, no, no I'm just looking for a friend." The call got send to voicemail. "Yeah, no, sorry, you can't go past here without a plane ticket." Scoffing, I took a step back. Even though he was right to not let me go through, I had some hope left he was a romantic and would let me run through the security check just like in the movies. I quickly opened the orange app and selected the first thing I saw. The payment went quickly and seconds later I had a boarding pass for a flight to amsterdam on my screen. "You're crazy." He chuckled before letting me pass.

Whilst getting through the security check, I continued trying to call Harry but got send to voicemail each time. Groaning, I placed it in a box of its own before skipping the line and walking through the scanner. Lucky for me, I didn't get pulled out for a check, just got some weird looks. I grabbed my phone and saw a message. My hopes were crushed as I saw that it was from Cal, not Harry.

Cal

You're seriously at the airport???
*picture*
a little overdressed
he's flying to new zeland by the way

thank you x

get your man

A little shocked about the fact that some fan had already spotted me and took a picture of me walking through the airpord, I smiled at Cal's message and stopped in front the board which showed at which gate each flight was. B23. I lifted my dress before running as quick as I could. As I made my way down a long hallway, I stopped to take of the heels, making me now run faster than before.

My head shot to each side as I passed the first gates. I felt everyone's eyes on me and couldn't help but feel as if I was having my main character moment. And suddenly, gate B23 caught my eye. I stopped, nearly bumping into someone. My heart started beating faster as I slowly walked along the line, looking for the familiar dirty blond hair. My legs were about to give in once I spotted a red shirt. The red shirt I used to wear in bed.

Stopping on my spot, I had to wait a moment, taking in the situation. This was my last chance to back out. Turn around and walk away from this situation. Give Harry his freedom. Give Harry the chance of actually moving on. "Joan! Oh my god." My head spun around as I saw a young girl, also in line for the flight. My eyes grew as I quickly turned my head again. The chance of running away was now gone, because as I spun my head around, Harry's eyes met mine. Not only my eyes were as big as plates. He took out the second airpod before stepping away from the line. "What are you doing here?" I faced the girl and gave her a soft smile. "Sorry, can I get back to you?" She nodded, a smile brighter than the sun on her face as she spotted Harry, who stopped right in front of me.

"Joan?" I stood there, in the airport, the heels in my hand, making me smaller than Harry again. "What are you doing? How did you get in here?" I looked up at him and shrugged. I had prepared a whole dialogue, bug forgot every single word. "You didn't say goodbye." I expected a small chuckle from him but was met by his still confused expression. "Didn't think you'd want to see me." I felt my heart getting heavier. "I wanted to talk to you, didn't I?" He shrugged. "Saw the pictures of you and Harrison so I didn't think it was important." I noticed the line next to us moving slowly. "I should go."

He gave me a small nod before stepping into the line. I watched him move with the crowd, leaving without saying goodbye once again. "I broke up with him!" I suddenly blurred out. Harry spun his head around and just stared at me. "What?" I felt my voice breaking. "I broke up with him. I fucking broke up with him the night we met." A sob left my mouth. I didn't plan on crying. I didn't want him to stay with me out of pity. But right now I couldn't help myself.

"Why would you do that?" He stepped out of the line once again. "It didn't feel right. It just didn't feel right to be with him, acting as if it was what I wanted when I knew that it wasn't. Harrison wasn't what I wanted. It's been you since the beginning. For fucks sake, Harry. It's always been you." He dropped his bag on the floor before wrapping his arms around me. "You shouldn't have come, Joan." My heart broke a little at his words. "Why do you always come at the worst time? Why do you always make me stay?" He muttered into my neck.

My breath got stuck in my lungs for a second and I pushed him away a little to take a better look at him. "I swear to god, Joan. You need to stop doing this." And there it was. The chuckle I've been waiting on for the whole time. His eyes were sparkling, the light reflecting in his tears. "I'm sorry." He shook his head. "Can we just go home?" I whispered and watched his eyes grow. "Home?" I nodded. "Home." Without hesitation, he picked up his bag, grabbed my free hand and pulled me after him, away from the gate.

I quickly turned my head to face the girl from earlier again, feeling bad for forgetting about her, but as I spun around, she had disappeared.

sidemen.update

tagged wroetoshaw and joandumaire

liked by 4'081 others

sidemen.update: joan and harry spotted at the airport earlier

~ comments ~

user: WHAT THE FUCK

user: OH MY GOD

theburntchip: HOLY SHIT
- > user: WHAT THE FUCK

user: my heart

user: explanation!!!!!

user: context!?

user: ARE THEY BACK????

user: i'm crying. literally sobbing.