8

eight

''Welcome to 'the cook-off'.'' Chip and Cal started to cheer. ''More like 'the cock-off' because at least one of you is going to try and cut the other one's dick off.'' I said, sitting behind the camera. Cal looked at me, giving me a side eye. ''Behind the camera's Joan DuMaire, ready to try and judge our skills.''

We stood in Chips kitchen. The two of them behind the counter, the camera in front of it and I sat on a chair next to the camera. ''You haven't eaten today, right?'' Chip looked at me. ''No, and I'm starting to regret that decision.'' Cal furrowed his eyebrows. ''And why's that, Mrs DuMaire?'' I pointed at the bag next to the counter which Cal had brought with him. ''Because I see fish. I hate fish.'' A groan left his mouth. ''Guess that means I've already won. Thank you guys for watching, roll the outro!'' Chip clapped into his hands. ''You got mushrooms. They're not much better than fish.'' I said cold. ''Alright, stop being a baby and shut up. Be glad we're cooking for you.'' Chip said whilst putting on a chefs hat. Cal was wearing an apron over his clothes. ''Joan? Time.'' I picked up my phone from the table behind me and opened the clock app. ''Alright well.''

''Get in front of the camera, mate.'' I laughed at Cal, who was tying the apron tighter. I stood up and walked between the two men, holding up my phone. ''Ok, you guys have 45 minutes to prepare a full meal including presentation. I will be judging the taste and presentation. If I see one of you using the same spoon you've had in your mouth before, I'm beating the shit out of you.'' Both of them started to laugh. ''I thought you'd like my spit in your food.'' I pulled a face before fake gagging. ''Time starts now.'' I started the timer before hurrying out of the picture, Chip and Cal quickly taking everything they needed.

''Hey, Joan? Can we get extra points?'' I've just sat down when Chip was already talking to me again. ''Depends.'' He held up a bottle of soy sauce. ''One point for a shot of this?'' I nodded. ''Granted.'' He opened the cap and took a sip of the dark liquid, gagging soon after. ''Mate, what's wrong with you?'' Cal and I looked at Chip who was now holding his head beneath the sink. ''One to nil. Get your act together, Cal.''

Both of them started to prepare their food, talking to each other, sometimes even screaming. After some minutes I took out my phone.

Josh (Zerkaa)

Hey, I've talked to Kristy and Sarah and we've agreed that you could join us for the cheap vs expensive video next week. You'd be with John on one of the teams just like Wednesday.

are you serious????

yes, why?

how much is it?

100 vs 10,000

No, i mean how much do I need to pay?

what?

nothing, you're part of the crew

are you serious?????

haha, yes

didn't sarah tell you about it already?

no, I'm meeting her tomorrow before the meeting

oh

shit, guess I just spoiled the surprise

holy shit

I looked up from my phone with a big grin. ''What happened? Why is she smiling?'' Cal stopped frying the fish, which smelled disgusting by the way, I looked at me with big eyes. ''Nothing. Just going on an all expense trip next week.'' Cal scoffed. ''They'd rather take you than me?'' I nodded. ''Seems like it, Callum.'' He shivered a little after I said his name. ''Oh yeah, DuMaire?'' He took the spoon out of the sauce, licking it and then putting it back inside the pot. ''Try me.'' I fake gagged whilst he had a grin on his face. ''That's at least minus one point!'' Chip turned around from the sink with a pepper in his hands. ''Right, so one to minus one. Good job, Cal.'' I grinned whilst he started protesting.