5

five

JJ's laugh filled my room. I've been watching the guys' videos for the past few days. It was nice seeing how much fun they had and after joining them filming, I could see that everything they did was real, well, at least their reactions. My phone vibrated, making me look away from the laptop screen.

Chip (Josh)

I send the other guys your number.
Be prepared.

I furrowed my eyebrows but was glad for the warning because just seconds later I was put into a groupchat by an unknown number. Taking the Laptop off my lap, I leaned against the back of the bed and watch the messages floating in. Thanks to the profile pictures and a little bit of research, it wasn't too hard to put a name to the number. Quickly saving everyone's contact, I read through the messages.

pub tourists🍺

Harry; I thought we said 9

Chris; 8:30

Josh (Chip); Joan, get here

Josh (Chip); *location*

Why?

Am I finally being kidnapped?

Chris; No, we're still working on the plan

Arthur; I'm in the Uber right now

Theo; I think I'm sitting this one out if Joan is joining us

What are we talking about?

Josh (Chip); Pub golf round two bitches

Josh (Chip); Kidding.

Josh (Chip); Just a night out.

For real?

I'm down.

Theo; I'm not

Pussyo

Arthur; Who taught her that?

Harry; She's been watching our videos for the past few days trying to catch up

don't expose me, bog.

Chris; Joan, you need a lift?

Yes, please

Chris; 10 minutes.

Yes, sir

Theo; me too?

Chris; you're not disabled.

I smiled at the messages and quickly got out of the heavy blanket, nearly throwing my teddy bear off the bed during the process. I was glad about the fact that they thought of me. I hated meeting new people, so finding friends was the one thing I was worried of the most before moving here.

I grabbed some clothes from the closet, this time actually being able to prepare myself for going out, not like the last time. Quickly changing into the dark outfit, I grabbed my makeup back and threw together a somewhat presentable look before my phone started ringing. ''Mr MD?'' He laughed a little. ''Are you done?'' I nodded before realizing he can't see it. ''On my way downstairs.'' I hung up before grabbing a small bag and putting the most essential things inside of it, my key for example. I shut the door behind me and called the elevator up, getting inside of it as soon as the doors opened even just a small bit.

''Joan DuMaire!'' I saw Chris in front of a car, holding the door open for me. I gave him a quick side hug before scooting along the backseat so he could sit down next to me. ''Hello.'' I gave the driver a short wave whilst Chris sat down next to me and closed the door. ''Hey, thank you for inviting me.'' I said in a lower voice than before. Chris smiled at me. ''We've all been new to this city. But judging by the past week I think I didn't make a mistake my slicing you open.'' I could see the driver looking at us through the rear back mirror with a concerned look on his face. ''Right? I thought the same thing.'' Both of us laughed a little whilst the car drove down some streets.