38

thirty-eight

"Hey there, gorgeous." He placed a soft kiss on my lips, leaning over the open car door. "Hi." I replied, smiling, before getting inside. He closed the door behind me and quickly made his way around the car. "How was the shoot?" We put on our seatbelts. "Amazing. They're editing the pictures right now so you should see me on the front page soon." Grinning, I told him about my day.

I've never been as proud as I was right now. After what had happened a few weeks ago, I decided it was better to quit my job at the sidemen studio. Sarah was surprisingly understanding. This really was the best decision for Harry and I. That way, we wouldn't have to be around each other for the whole day. Both having a separate job, spending our time away from each other. "Still going to Cal's?" I nodded as I started typing on my phone.

Cal(freezy)

i'm on my way

lover boy driving you?

oh shut it

what? i'm happy for you

yeah, fuck off

mate, I'm for real. You deserve it

stop being sobby and start recording
i should be there in about 5

yupyup

I chuckled a little before putting my phone down. "What's so funny?" Leaning my head against the seat, I turned it around to face the man next to me. The winter sun was hitting his face from the perfect angle, making his eyes sparkle. "Cal's being sappy again." He chuckled, sending me a quick smile. "Still all over us?" I nodded, playing with my fingers. "Well, I didn't think this would work out either." He shrugged before leaning forward to take a better look at the side of the road. "Yeah, well, what can I say. It's the british charm." Snorting, I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, sounds about right, mate."

Glad about the seatbelt, I was saved from smashing into the windshield as he stopped the car. "Babe!" I screamed. "There you go." Grinning from ear to ear, he took a right turn. My heart hasn't even started beating normally again as he stopped in front of Cal's flat building. "You need a ride tonight?" I unbuckled the seatbelt, shaking my head. "Probably just take a lime bike. Thank you." Leaning over, I gave him a quick kiss before hopping out of the car. "Love you." I nodded, a little overwhelmed. "See you tonight." He didn't really react to me not saying anything else and drove off as I closed the door.

I made my way upstairs and was already met by Cal who was standing in the door frame. "He didn't come up? Mate, I haven't seen him in ages." Groaning, he turned around. I followed after him, closing the door behind me. "I can leave." I suggested but was already taking off my shoes. "We're on the sofa." He said whilst walking inside the kitchen. Nodding, even though he couldn't see it, I took off my coat and hung it over one of the chairs in the living room.

"We alone?" Shouting into the kitchen, I sat down on the big sofa. The camera was right in front of it, already recording. Around the whole room were bright lights. "Nah, he's probably taking a shit." Cal walked up to me with many bags in his hands. "You weren't kidding." I chuckled, taking two of the bags and placing them in front of us. He climbed over me to sit to my right. "Yeah, I saw this a couple of years back. Thought it might be a good idea." I shrugged, taking in the smell of the different food options. "Sorry, sorry!" We looked up to see someone quickly walking up to us, whipping his hands over his blue jumper. "Oh, Joan, you're here." He stopped a few feet away from the sofa. "Harry, hi."

I got up, not knowing how to properly greet him. We haven't really seen each other since the studio situation. Sometimes we were at the same pub, with the same friend group or recording a video together. But it still felt weird seeing him. "How've you been?" He took a step closer, opening his arms to give me an awkward hug. "Yeah, just peachy. How about you?" He shrugged. "Peachy." I gave him a small smile. He started using that word more frequently since knowing me. Even the fans have noticed.