15

fifteen

Sitting down on the window seat, I stretched my legs. Thankful for the fact that Cal had booked extra legs space seats, I had a pleased smile on my face. ''Hey.'' I looked to my left to see Harry putting his bag up and then sitting down next to me. ''Hi.'' We smiled at each other but were interrupted by Ethan throwing his body on the last seat in our row. ''Not going to lie, I'm already peppered.'' Leaning forward, I nodded. ''Whose idea was it to get drunk at the airport anyway?'' He held up his hand. Behind him I saw Chip and Cal sitting down in the isle next to ours. ''But the most fun way to get drunk is on the plane. Something about the altitude I think.'' Looking for his phone, Ethan turned his head down. ''When are we landing?'' I looked further down the right side to see Cal leaning forward. Lucky for him, the middle seat in their row was empty so he was able to stretch his legs even further. ''11 PM. We're going straight to the hotel though.'' I furrowed my eyebrows. ''Any way I can go get some clothes tomorrow?'' Everyone laughed a little. Since I was told I'd join them only a few days ago, I didn't pack any clothes for the hot weather in Greece. ''Yeah. I need new sunglasses any way.'' Cal leaned back into the seat and so did I.

Not much later, we felt the plane starting to speed up and glide through the air seconds afterward. Most people on the plain were either asleep or sitting with headphones on. Looking out the window, I saw the city lights below us. ''We could've flown from France to be fair.'' I turned my head to the side to see Harry looking out the window as well. Nodding, I looked at the rest of our group. Everyone was either on their phone or looking around. ''You think their bringing out drinks soon?'' Chip said with a shaky voice. ''What's up with you?'' He looked at me. ''He's scared of flying.'' Ethan said before putting down his phone. ''Don't worry. This kind of plane has one of the lowest counts of crashes. Only five in the last ten years I think.'' Now everyone's head shot to the side, staring at me. ''What?'' I shrugged. ''I like planes.'' Cal let out a loud laugh whilst Chip groaned, burring his head in his hands. ''We have another plane nerd!'' I furrowed my eyebrows. ''What?'' Ethan smiled. Not only because the trolly was making its way down the isle though. ''Harry's obsessed with planes.'' Patting Harry on the back, he looked away again.

''I'm not obsessed. Just like documentaries and watching them.'' I smiled at his words whilst he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. ''Did you see the one about the crash in Russia 8 years ago?'' He nodded eagerly. ''Crazy stuff.''

''Oh just shut the fuck up!''

Laughing at Chips plead, we stopped talking about plane crashes. Not much later a stewardess came walking up to us, pushing the trolly in front of her. ''Anything to eat or drink?'' Ethan nearly jumped off his seat. ''Yeah, five of those tiny vodka bottles and five cans of coke.'' Bending down, she got the drinks out of the trolly. ''Anything for you guys?'' Rolling my eyes, I reached out for the two drinks Ethan handed us. ''Thank you.''

We mixed our drinks. ''Cheers boys.'' We raised our cups and drank the strong liquid. I could see Cal resting his head against the window, closing his eyes. Chip was watching something on his phone. ''Here.'' I looked down and saw Harry holding out his airpods. I took the left one and smiled. ''Thank you.'' Putting the other one in his ear, he smiled. Seconds later I heard another one off of my playlist. Smiling into the song, I leaned my head to the side, resting it on his shoulder, slowly drifting off.

Someone shaking me, made me open my eyes again. I looked to the side just to see all four of the men smile at me. ''What?'' A yawn left my mouth. ''Odds on clapping when plane lands.'' Ethan grinned at me. Rolling me eyes, I nodded. 'Four.'' I said, everyone agreed. ''Three, two one..'' We looked at each other, knowing that at least two of us had to clap. ''Three.'' Ethan couldn't hold back his laughter at the fact that everyone besides him had said four. ''For fucks sake.'' Harry muttered. The plane was already above the runway, so we only had a few more seconds before embarrassing ourselves. The moment the tires hit the ground, I started clapping, Chip, Cal and Harry joining in not much later. ''Let's go! Well done, Pilot.'' I cheered, the rest of the group laughing. ''Fucking hell.'' Ethan looked at me with a red face and tears rolling down his face. ''Pussy.'' I whispered before stopping to clap. ''That was gold. Fucking A plus.'' He lowered his phone before whipping away some tears.